Charge: r134a 0.90oz. how? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    Im pretty sure Cracker forgot more about med and low temp than most, im just here to watch.

I know nothing.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    [/COLOR]Who in there right mined charges anything with vapor.
    It's just lucky this is R134A...which you can charge as vapor.

I agree with JP who said, vapor charging allows for better accuracy. But the real question here is, do you have the proper charging scale to give you the accuracy you need?

Heated charging cylinder.

Thats how most domestic refrigerators are charged.

Used to work for Sears and did too many of them.

Just glad I don't work for them anymore.

X3 on the vapor charge and I like the converting to grams. It's got more increments for more accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    X3 on the vapor charge and I like the converting to grams. It's got more increments for more accuracy.
    If you switch to grams you'll have much smaller increments, but the accuracy of the scale remains the same.

My (POS) TIF scale has a resolution of +/- .5 oz and will read out in kg to 2 decimal places...ie, 0.00 kg. That means it's lowest possible results would be in increments of 10 grams...which is still less than .5 oz.

So my stupid scale won't even register anything until you're up to about 20 grams.

I would try for weight - but settle for performance

I would try for weight - but settle for performance. Throw in 'almost a pound' and see how it runs. Then adjust accordingly.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    The amount of R134A liquid in a 1/4" x 6 ft hose is .33 oz/ft or about 2 oz, but the weight of vapor is about 1/75 times that, or around .027 oz.
    use a 3 foot hose

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Put the entire machine on the scale, since it is 134A you can charge it vapor.
    Great in idea, very difficult in implementation. Such a scale is very costly and not portable.

They have such high capacity, high resolution scales for such thing as measuring grams of tread worn out on a tire after a test run with the wheel still attached. They're something like 50,000g x 0.1g which requires a 500,000 count resolution.

Your average 220 lbs x 0.25oz charge scale is 100,000g x 10g which is only 10,000 counts.

Do they have such thing as an adjustable metered dose injector that lets you dial-in the charge in 0.01oz increments and allow the injector head to mount close to the port?

Use a CRT & purge to it. Zero the scale & let her rip. Being as my scale reads .25 oz & who knows the accuracy id stop her at 1. Don't know about checking pressure after though lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Not worth charging! Although, i'm sure it's built more professionally than a True 2 door refrigerator!!

Its crazy how something can run off 1 ounce

Whats the oil charge .... 3 drops ?

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Not worth charging! Although, i'm sure it's built more professionally than a True 2 door refrigerator!!
    Those things hit the wall a few years ago when they stopped using copeland comp.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Use a CRT & purge to it. Zero the scale & let her rip. Being as my scale reads .25 oz & who knows the accuracy id stop her at 1. Don't know about checking pressure after though lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    About as accurate as trying to charge a package unit by weight from a cylinder still in a pallet on a fork lift that's on a platform scale. That is, using the reading from the platform scale.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast