Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Guys,

The problem isn't that we don't want to tell THIS guy how to charge a system, it is that we can't post that information in open forums that ANYONE can read. THAT is the reason we don't get into step by step in the open forums.

Think about it.
    makes a lot of sense, thats why i offer to help offline, i didnt mean to be rude to anyone here i just remember what it was like learning and the 4 year school i went to spent more time on crap you will never use rather than usefull information.
    heck the first year here in idaho wants to teach you how to safely use a hammer and ladder, its rediculous so i understand what the kid is going through.
    plus there is no better teaching than hands on or english rather than the book teaching they do

sorry, threw my email on my profile today, contact me and id be more than happy to help if i can

lol I am bot a kid hkempf but I am new to this trade. I just finished two other tickets first. Anyway thank you for the polite and civil responses. to those of you who were somewhat less civil or polite perhaps you should relearn some people skills before damaging any apprentices you have under your wing. I have seen lots of good potential tradesman soured and lost because of journeymen who could not be less than condescending, rude or downright derogatory to those below them. One of my fellow students in first year was kind enough to help me out in a couple of texts so this thread is more or less dead. I look forward to having enough posts to join as a professional and learn from those of you who act like professionals. Thanks

hey hkempf i just saw where you are from and thought it amusing that I am living 20 minutes from Nampa but not yours. There is a small town in northern Alberta Called Nampa . Just outside of Peace River, AB

Well if you're an apprentice you have a journeyman over you who should be more than willing to help with whatever you need. Just seemed wierd you said you have no one to ask.
    For some reason I learn more with my mouth shut

Quote Originally Posted by Nrmika View Post
    lol I am bot a kid hkempf but I am new to this trade. I just finished two other tickets first. Anyway thank you for the polite and civil responses. to those of you who were somewhat less civil or polite perhaps you should relearn some people skills before damaging any apprentices you have under your wing. I have seen lots of good potential tradesman soured and lost because of journeymen who could not be less than condescending, rude or downright derogatory to those below them. One of my fellow students in first year was kind enough to help me out in a couple of texts so this thread is more or less dead. I look forward to having enough posts to join as a professional and learn from those of you who act like professionals. Thanks
    Part of the problem is people don't won't to give away what they worked so hard to learn. I sympathize though, I had very little training when I was put in a van, you kind of have to fake it for a while. I had a friend that I could call also. I have been a field tech for 3 years now and am reminded everyday that I still don't know it all lol. I am on this forum a lot, mostly reading, I know not to ask questions that with a little research could be solved. Good luck, at times that might be all you have lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I sympathize though, I had very little training when I was put in a van, you kind of have to fake it for a while. I had a friend that I could call also. I have been a field tech for 3 years now and am reminded everyday that I still don't know it all lol. I am on this forum a lot, mostly reading, I know not to ask questions that with a little research could be solved. Good luck, at times that might be all you have lol.
    Fake it till you make it LOL! That's how it was with me too. I went from a grunt cleaning coils and helping set a replacement compressor in a 20 ton split unit to taking over the project, diagnosing the rest of the problems, repairing and starting that new compressor and charging the system. I was so nervous as the blower belt squealed to life, the compressor kicked in, and the gauges figured out if they wanted to go the right direction for proper compressor rotation!

I am in an apprenticeship but I have no journeyman... Not really sure how my boss swung that but I am doing it regardless. Luckily I am good at picking things up in school. One of the second year instructors reccomended this site to me. Hopefully it al works out in the end.

I am in an apprenticeship but I have no journeyman... Not really sure how my boss swung that but I am doing it regardless. Luckily I am good at picking things up in school. One of the second year instructors reccomended this site to me. Hopefully it al works out in the end.
    Not to get off subject, but the main goal and purpose of an Apprenticeship is to learn the trade under someone who already knows it. Are you under contract with this employer?

Something does indeed seem wrong here.

Stick with residential. You'll never make it in commercial/industrial with your soft skin.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

The bulk of my work is commercial.

i might have missed this do you even have a epa cert if you dont dont even carry a jug of refrigerant in your service van what apprenticeship are you in
    all i can say is read read and read some more install manuals go to sporlan web site read about txvs and read testos ac guide to name a few best of luck get your pro membership and join us on the other side

Is that you Nikos?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast