Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question need help with proper charging methods/procedure

Hi I am new to the trade. I have completed my first year of tech training but we never charged a system. So I am hoping that someone can give me a good step by step procedure for charging a split system. I realize this comes of like a bizaar request but I have no journeyman to teach me properly. anyway I hope one of you will help. Thanks for your time.

Good luck

Text removed. Please keep negative political statements in ARP.
    Last edited by k-fridge; 07-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    techincal college

if you've already been to one, ... go to a differnt one

if not ... go to one

god luck
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Go to the tech college you went to and demand a refund on your education.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrmika View Post
    I have completed my first year of tech training but we never charged a system. .
    What the heck did they teach you the first year? or did you just attend once a month? Heck back in the early 70's I took a 3 month "Tuesday nights and Thursday nights "crash" course through a local Carrier school, and when I finished I was off to the races.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Hi I am new to the trade. I have completed my first year of tech training but we never charged a system. So I am hoping that someone can give me a good step by step procedure for charging a split system. I realize this comes of like a bizaar request but I have no journeyman to teach me properly. anyway I hope one of you will help. Thanks for your time.
    Pick up a scale and a tape measure. That way you can weigh in the charge and add any additional amount for the line set if needed.

Mostly electrical, controls, fluid dynamics etc. Theory in general. The training program is in transition as it gets slowly standardized by the province.Mostly I want tips on how to shave time down. And maybe an idea of the best ways to do it or equipment. I have a yellow jacket scale btw KB lol. Do the bottles have enough pressure for charging all systems or do you use a pump?

Do the bottles have enough pressure for charging all systems or do you use a pump?
    Seriously? This question gets asked by new members a lot it seems. Stop what your doing and call a professional. Your in over your head.

Best way to shave off time , is make sure you have a new pair of really sharp scissors

and dont buy the cheap ones from Kmart

Remind me of a guy telling me how he charge
    He said " he just make sure big line is beer can cold
    Then he knows it's full

Too funny.

NRMIKA
    the best way to charge a system is by manufactures chart.
    Read that several times.
    Then come back and ask your questions.
    We don't want you getting hurt.

Good luck

And where was this tech training himark if so you need to go to a real school and if it wasn't you'd be an apprentice and would have tech you'd be learning under. So something don't jive
    For some reason I learn more with my mouth shut

Why is my vaccum pump not pumping the refer into the system?
    If he is Canadian sounds like a HighMark Graduate to me. If it was a Proper College like George brown Then the Op would be Off to the Races.
    Sounds like a DIY trying to learn how to fill his low AC of juice but what do I know Im an HVAC/R Tech

wow these people are rude, i understand, i also went through a 4 year school and the way they teach you is not very good, untill you get hands on or someone to walk you through it it can seem difficult, contact me and i will try and help you, it would be easier to walk you through it on the phone, ************ send me an email and ill shoot you my number,
    and to all you rude people out there, there was once a day when you were learning, is it that difficult to help out someone trying to learn the trade, atleast he has the desire to learn it right rather than fake it and ruin someones system

E-mail addresses not allowed in posts per site rules.

You may put it in your profile

Thanks
    Last edited by k-fridge; 07-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast