Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post

for

No.
The oil level switch verifies there is OIL in the sump. The oil pressure at the compressor is determined by the differential pressure between the discharge pressure transducer, oil pressure transducer, & suction pressure transducer. If there is no oil in the sump, the oil pressure transducer will be reading REFRIGERANT pressure, not OIL pressure. It doesn't know the differance.
for differential oil pressure the controls look at the difference between the econmizer transducer and the oil pressure transducer .....the economizer transducer is the highest low pressure in the compressor and is higher than the suction pressure ...discharge pressure drives the oil but does not factor in the oil diff calculation .... Filter diff calc yes...oil press diff ...noooooo...

side note.. Their is about a billion software revisions .... I believe discharge pressure is watched to make sure it rises Fast enough and high enough to push the oil ...later on they started allowing the oil pumps to cycle back on if need be to eliminate nuciance shutdowns ...

the manual used to and may still have listed the Einstein equation the controls use to prove proper oil pressure . it can be very confusing.

If I'm wrong I'll quit the trade and go be a strip club DJ

If i make no sense I'll sit out in the sun again tomorrow and cook my brain some more then come back for seconds....