Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AMPS ?? R.L.A.,F.L.A.,L.R.A.

Need a refresher on these.,if you would. 9And end an argument!) Thanks ahead!

RLA= Rated load amps or running loads amps depending on mfg.
    FLA= Full load amps
    LRA= Locked rotor amps.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

LRA - Locked Rotor Amps: The current you can expect under starting conditions when you apply full voltage. It occurs instantly during start up.

RLA - Rated Load Amps: The maximum current a compressor should draw under any operating conditions. Often mistakenly called running load amps which leads people to believe, incorrectly, that the compressor should always pull these amps.

FLA - Full Load Amps: Changed in 1976 to "RLA - Rated Load Amps".
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post

RLA - Rated Load Amps: The maximum current a compressor should draw under any operating conditions. Often mistakenly called running load amps which leads people to believe, incorrectly, that the compressor should always pull these amps.
    Mid february , one of my first tune-ups i thought the system was low because it wasnt pulling the 22 amps , and pressures looked a little low , so i added until i saw 22 amps

Boss comes over and was like

Eletrical information

Cosmicmuffin- RLA= Rated Load Amperage, Amperage drawn by a motor doing all the work it can do, or it was designed to do. (note just like EPA fuel mileage it is theoretical) and should only be used as such. If you were to charge a system to RLA you would easily overcharge the unit.
    LRA= Locked Rotor Amps, The amount of amperage a motor should draw at the moment it begins to turn. This takes into account the power necessary to overcome the mass of the rotor into a turning force and the induction loading of the stator to create all the necessary magnetic flux to make the rotor turn. Once the rotor begins to turn the amount of amperage will decrease rapidly.
    Full Load Amps = Pre-1976 terminology for RLA, still used by NEMA (National Equipment Manufacturers Association) to determine current drawn by a motor of a specific horsepower and used as a guide to size the supply wiring, starters and overloads. There is one other term used for electric motors that is important, that being service factor. A motor with a service factor of 1 the name plate amperage is used to calculate overloads. A service factor of 1.15 or other is used as a multiplier of nameplate amperage for temporary conditions to select overload values. Hope this helps -GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Mid february , one of my first tune-ups i thought the system was low because it wasnt pulling the 22 amps , and pressures looked a little low , so i added until i saw 22 amps

Boss comes over and was like
    Sometimes the best learning comes from mistakes - as long as it's not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Sometimes the best learning comes from mistakes - as long as it's not too expensive.
    I think we all have and or are still attending the school of hard knocks.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

how come on comp. rating plate is 17.2 rla(example) and compressor pulls around 50 percent. 9.4 amps

while a outdoor fan motor rated for 1.1fla is pulling almost 100 percent. 1.0 amps?

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

Quote Originally Posted by BigBacardi View Post
    how come on comp. rating plate is 17.2 rla(example) and compressor pulls around 50 percent. 9.4 amps

while a outdoor fan motor rated for 1.1fla is pulling almost 100 percent. 1.0 amps?
    The condenser fan moves X amount of air weather its 75 or 95 outside. So its working at near full load all the time. A compressor is seldom working at full load.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hey rundawg what does PLT stand for? I saw it next to LRA on a Copeland Scroll LRA was 109 and PLT was 9... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dembones71 View Post
    Hey rundawg what does PLT stand for?
    Thats a good question. I don't have a clue.

I'll try to do some research, and if I come up with it, I'll let you know.

Sorry.

lmbo!!!!

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast