Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicyclist

Bicyclist

Why is it that bicyclist in NO think they are immune to traffic laws. All day long they run red lights go down the wrong side of the street and cause near collisions. Just yesterday a dude on a bike ran over a pedestrian on the sidewalk right in front of me. Today I had to slam on my brakes for a guy going the wrong way down the street. The funny thing they don't understand in their ignorance is a truck weighs about 2000 lbs more than their stupid A$$$. They will lose that battle and it will be their fault for not obeying traffic laws.

First thought on seeing this.... has to be in NYC.

New Orleans, its really bad. I called the cops to ask about the liability and the first lady hung up on me and the second one said if thay are breaking the law they are at fault.

That's why my passenger side mirror on my truck is always folded in. I'll clip those stupid asses with it. If I'm at a red light and a biker goes by me on the left to blow through the intersection they get to meet up with my truck door. Hinge pins are cheap.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

pedestrians and bicyclists have the right of way.

glad I moved from n.o.
    but miss the food/music/crazyness sometimes.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Someone actually called the cops in NO? LOL My brother lives further south on the bayou and nobody rides bike down there, with the exception of little kids in the neighborhoods.
    I haven't even seen anybody on the two lane. Just too dangerous.
    Here in AZ most cyclist are pretty aware that they probably will be leaving the scene horizontally if they don't adhere to safety. We have near perfect weather so the roads are always loaded with them. Just have to be extra careful around schools and the University but quite a few people bike to work before the sun comes up and are smart enough to have flashing lights on their bikes.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

we've had a few killed in city near here. they think the best place to ride is either the most traffic loaded streets or the curvy 1 1/2 lane secondary rds.
    saw on this week broke at least 6 laws in one block. always complaining that bikes have the same rights on rd.

lady called radio station and said what I had been thinking. if they want the same respect under the law, obey the laws.... drive 35 in the 35 zones.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

They're real bad in Toronto. If your tires squeal because they illegally wheeled out right in front of you, they'll be giving you the finger. The cops don't even bother with them as they give them fake names when they're getting ticketed. What surprises me the most is when I see a cyclist stop for a red light

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat22 View Post

lady called radio station and said what I had been thinking. if they want the same respect under the law, obey the laws.... drive 35 in the 35 zones.
    My thoughts exactly. Furthermore they should have to carry insurance, registration and have their pos bikes submitted to an inspection process as well.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by energy_rater_La View Post
    pedestrians and bicyclists have the right of way.

glad I moved from n.o.
    but miss the food/music/crazyness sometimes.
    I called nopd they said that if a bicyclist runs a red light or is going the wrong way down the strret they are in the wrong. Of course in the world of litigation the vehicle operator would probably get sued by one of these idiots or their grieving family.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    I called nopd they said that if a bicyclist runs a red light or is going the wrong way down the strret they are in the wrong. Of course in the world of litigation the vehicle operator would probably get sued by one of these idiots or their grieving family.
    And the insurance company will settle, thus perpetuating this sort of behavior.

I hit a bicyclist once in new orleans. down in marigny area.
    he got up & rode away..I never heard anything else.
    he was crossing Royal street & had the stop sign.

seems like laws are subject to interpetation in the crescent city!
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Sounds like illegal bicycle riders running red lights and stop signs are not limited to Boise. I saw one nearly get plowed over this morning by running a red light. He had no lights or reflectors either. What a dope.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast