Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Isceon MO99

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    MO99 is not compatible with R22 and should never be used to top off a system!!

Quote Originally Posted by parachuter View Post
    I have sold around 500 lbs this summer. Head pressure slightly higher on some systems. I mix it with 22, so far no problems. I can't wait to see how my systems will run in heat this winter.
    EPA needs to fine this guy. Not only is it unprofessional to do hack work like this, it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    MO99 is a pisspoor interim blend with a huge glide and loaded with flammables, I wouldn't use it in my AC. stick with r22 till something better comes around.
    Loaded with flammables??? Not true, maybe stick to topics you are knowledgeable on...

Exactly 2.3% of the components that make up MO99 are flammable. Hardly qualifies for "loaded with flammables".
    I hope no on here smokes and shaves at the same time.
    That barbasol is LOADED with flammables (propane propellant).

94% of original capacity is almost no capacity loss, compared to the cost of refilling an entire system with r-22, on an old system.

Chuck, you installed some city multi's huh?
    Ever done the fujisu HFI's?
    like either any way or the other?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    MO99 is a pisspoor interim blend with a huge glide and loaded with flammables, I wouldn't use it in my AC. stick with r22 till something better comes around.
    Loaded with flammables??? Not true, maybe stick to topics you are knowledgeable on...

Exactly 2.3% of the components that make up MO99 are flammable. Hardly qualifies for "loaded with flammables".

With only a 5 - 6% capacity loss, and 30 - 40 lower discharge temps, it is a good choice.

As for glide, at 100 psi it has a glide of 9, not a big deal for any tech worth his salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    EPA needs to fine this guy. Not only is it unprofessional to do hack work like this, it's illegal.
    although I agree with you on the, just out of curiosity I looked under 608 for mixing refrigerants. The only mention I could find on the EPA's site was for mixing r-12 and r-134, for automobiles, and it took quite a bit of browsing to find.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Chuck, you installed some city multi's huh?
    Ever done the fujisu HFI's?
    like either any way or the other?
    I sat through some training on the HFI system, but have no real world experience with them yet. If I understand right they don't have the flexibility and expand-ability of the City Multi R2 system. They would be more comparable to the Mitsubishi MXZ8B48 system, or maybe the City Multi S-series.

The current City Multi project I am working on is an R2 series, and has 2 outdoor units that are twinned. 288,000 BTUH cooling capacity and 320,000 heating with only 2 pipes going inside to the BC controller. There are 30 indoor units that can heat of cool simultaneously. IOW half of the units can heat and half can cool (or any combination) at the same time. Pretty amazing stuff.

Only problem with using substitute refrigerants is, you are now responsible for the future compressor failure. There are more customers tightening their wallets, and they are looking for a reason to pass the expense off to you.

If you do add this stuff, I would make it clear that this is a non approved repair by the manufacturer.

Also, properly label the unit has been converted. I can see this won't be happening. Then you have those guys that bought a set of gauges, call themselves techs, and go out pumping up every R-22 unit out there at half the price.

If you explain to the customer that you are not responsible for problems arising from this refrigerant, how many do you think will buy into it. Of course, its fine for those that know the system needs to be replaced, and as they say "I'm just trying to get through this season"...
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123