+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RTU's not cooling the building enough

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    As long as they're insulated well enough to withstand the extreme roof temps I don't see a problem with them.

It's a sloppy application of foam type insulation. He should take a split at the unit and then take a split at the entering and leaving ductwork inside the building and compare the numbers.

I wonder how much heat he's picking up through that ductwork ??

Maybe he needs to run a sprinkler set up for the duct work ?
    The foam insulation was done just last year. Prior to that, the insulation was either bad or there was none. I had actually used the sprinkler on some exposed metal ducts .

The guys scraped the old one to the metal and sprayed the new one about 1" to 2" thick. I was hoping this could have done the trick until this heat wave happened.

I had taken splits at the units and inside but on different days. I'll try to do it again and compare.

Post Likes

heat

My money is on closed dampers,boxes, check the design specs for CFM.Sounds like someone needs some test and balance report to remedy this situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in