Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speeding ticket

Second week on the job and I got a speeding ticket. 130 Bucks. Great. Three years since I have had a ticket and I get one driving the company car. I was off though and heading home. How does this work?

Do I stand risk of being fired? Do I let them know? Or do I just send my money in and its over with. I didn't know if anything was different since I was driving their car. Is that on my insurance? Or theirs? Sorry... but I'm totally freaking out over this.

It will probrally just go on yours. However in NJ. Most attorneys will send letter to you and the address of the registered vehicle to solicite you to fight the ticket. So its upto you to tell.

call & plead not guilty, get a new date & go their & talk to the prosecuter.. if your record is clean in past 3 yrs with no deals made for non points ... u can get a larger fine with no points .. if u get points then insurance can & will go up for your employer & can effect yours as well .. look into what i said

I would tell, simply because I'd rather break the bad news to the bossman than have him find out on a updated insurance bill, or a letter from the court system.

A speeding ticket isn't a huge deal, life will go on. Might be worth trying to fight it only to get it changed to a no points deal, but it could be a huge hassle.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Another thing, they didn't take any insurance info. Just license and registration. Does that affect anything?

Frown

tell you company .if you don't then you could be fired for failing to inform them.some companys have that in their rules. as this could affect their insurance. also shows that you are honest and they might forgive

why were you speeding in a company car?

not a good idea.

Originally posted by garrettw
    Another thing, they didn't take any insurance info. Just license and registration. Does that affect anything?

Doesn't matter. The company that insures periodically checks driving records and adjusts rates according to records. Best advice is fess up, admit your mistake and get on with your life...just do it in the slow lane.

Originally posted by billva
    why were you speeding in a company car?

not a good idea.
    I don't speed intentionally. On my time or company time. They gave me a new Chevy HHR. Had it for like 3 days and not used to it, that lil thing is zippy! The ride is so smooth compared to my truck. I didn't realize I was going that fast. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it now though.

hvac wiz 33 is completely correct.

Ask to have a unsafe driving charge instead, no points but it is allot of money and the town knows this.

Towns added this to line there pockets knowing you would gladly pay the large fine to not get any points and not be reported to you insurance co.

Get pre-paid legal. For a few dollars a year, you call them up and they send a lawyer with you, and will fight anything and the best thing is they can talk to the judge and usually get it reduced.

I worked for a company that pulled drivers records every year and had policy that if you got 2 moving violations in 2 years you did not drive for company business(whether is was a company vehicle or not)

Got a speeding ticket, they got it reduced to non=moving violation...no problem.

The small amount you pay yearly is worth the small cost to have a lawyer to represent you in traffic court.

Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Look at it this way. If you loaned your car to someone and they got a speeding ticket. Would you be more pissed off if they didnt tell you? Or if you found out later thru the mail, etc.? Either way the boss will find out so you might as well level with him.

Be a man, tell the boss, pay the ticket, live to fight another day.

It is best to own up. The boss will either scream, fire, or respect you for your honesty.

Lie to the wife, but not to the boss.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast