how much air is lost

how much air is lost

Have 2 6" runs coming off the main trunk feeding the end room The left on comes off the trunk, goes about 8 ' or so then does a 90degree bend down, then another 90 degree bend across the length of the room (about 12 ') . Then this goes into a 45 degree or so into a wired aluminum duct to fit between joists and attaches into a 4x10" output.
    The other side of the room goes about 7' off the main trunk and then there are 2 90degree turns and this runs directly into the 4x10 supply.
    Am I losing that much air flow? Have tech coming out tomorrow to replace defective Infinity Thermostat.
    Thanks.
    George
    p.s. would it be worth trying to make all the 90's into 45's??????

Post pic.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks,
    Here are various pics from both the left and right side runs. I do have them covered partly with insulation. The 2 90degree bends are noticeable. And I have one shot of the place in the corner where the wired flexible ducting runs a short distance between the joists. Hope this helps. Thanks.
    George
    p.s. some of the other ducting you see is 8" return ducts.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Yes, your losing a lot of air flow. And is the joist actually notched, without a scab re-enforcing it? The duct looks crushed going into the cavity.
    Contractor locator map

Thanks.
    I would have to see if crushed. If I stick my hand into the supply from the top it just seems bent. There was no cutting of joist. I guess that would be the one that is losing flow the most. I don't know if the other side is worth trying to change because of the closeness of the exhaust/intake of the Carrier furnace pipes being so close.
    One final question, is it worth having this done in regards to comfort, etc.? Thanks, as always.
    George

if the area those runs serve isn't heating or cooling right. And you want to use those areas. I'd say it worth having them fixed/reran.
    Contractor locator map

TLhanks, and one more question- if I were to sell the house would this be something the inspectors would frown upon and list as a no-no.....?

Most inspectors wouldn't know what they're looking at.
    Contractor locator map

So, I should have at least the left run done with 45degree bends and get rid of the wired flex ducting. The supply can be moved up one joist to make it all hard ducting from beginning to end.

Getting rid of the flex will help the most. The 45s help if there is some distance between them, for the air to stabilize from the turbulence of the ell.
    Contractor locator map