Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Looking for homeowners and any HVAC installers feedback on the Lennox XP19 heat pump matched with a CBX32MV air handler and a Signature stat control.

(XP19)

Well, its Efficiency ratings are up to 18.60 SEER and 9.30 HSPF Nearly twice as efficient as a standard heat pump

And Probably the most quietst heat pump ever made so far.

Its two-stage operation Runs at low speed 80% of the time.

It's R-410A, that's what the (X) means in Lennox.

System Operations Monitor First onboard cooling system diagnostics in the industry Continuously monitors system performance

(CBX32MV)

Variable speed motor Designed for quiet, high-efficiency comfort.

It's probably one the best package deals from lennox or anywhere else; for a heat pump set up.

Thanks for your reply.

Very good system, I doubt that you could find better, there are probably some that are comparable, but you will not go wrong with this system.

The signature stat does more things than you will ever want to do.

put one in dads house this spring. hooked up with g61mpv for duel fuel set up. so far he is very impressed.

Smile

One of the best systems around if installed correctly. Don't be cheap. I have a duel fuel set up and LOVE it!

Hard to beat it! Definately the best around!

If you live on the coast have your condensing coil dipped before installing. Also just cause its top line equipment doesnt mean you shouldnt get the extended warranty. If your changing from r22 have your copper changed aswell

To say the Lennox is the best is nothing but bias. All the top units from Carrier, Trane, along with now the new Maytag and alike IQ drives are right up there also.

Smile

I'm not bashing the other brands, I'm just extolling the vurtues of the system I installed and live with every day. That's how brand names develop long term customer relationships. The free enterprise sytem encorages that all companies build good products and value for consumers.
    P.S. My parents own a carrier Infinity System, which I'm impressed with, too.
    My problem with inferior brands and badly engineered products is, I GET TIRED OF WORKING ON JUNK and dealing with cheap people who want you to do miracles for nothing. My training and experience is too valuable.
    Sorry; done with the soap box now.

I have a 2-ton XP19 with a variable speed indoor blower. I love it! We used to keep the house 74 to 75. The new XP19 dehumidifies better, now we mostly keep it 77.

We did not get the signature stat, my wife does not like gadgets. She could not work it, too complicated.

But I love the system. Quiet and efficient. Yes there is other good stuff, but some gets too complicated to service or operate.

York & Trane have both brought out inverter systems, both have dropped them. The ones installed, could not got them serviced. Most have been ripped out and replaced with something simpler. Not saying they are bad, just my observation.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Angry Lennox XP-19 with CBX32MV

I have a problem with a new system installed Oct 29, 2007, I am sorry to say. Had I had any idea of the problems that this system would bring with it, I never would have spent $8,600.00 on it to start with!

Cooling was fine, but the heat pump intermittently won't start when the thermostat calls for heat. Shut down usually works, but sometimes takes 2 tries, then it shuts down at the end of the first cycle & won't restart---- So aux heat kicks in, air handler NEVER shuts off, runs from hi to low to hi and I'm getting an electric bill at least double what it should be.

Lennox dealer told me to expect a 30% REDUCTION in my electric bill!! Ha ha, a joke, right?

The dealer has made a bunch of calls over the last 2 months, NO JOY!

They tried again today, Sat 1-5-08 found it faulted out on discharge air, but the tech couldn't explain what that was or what it meant. He promised to turn the problem to another, more knowledgable tech (who has made 3 unsuccessful attempts so far) this coming Mon & mentioned that the Lennox factory rep, Dan Philpot, would probably be called in to help.

Tech reset the disch air fault, thermostat called for heat so both the air handler & aux kicked on! Outside air was 56 deg F. The aux heat and heat pump BOTH came on and brought the temp up to the set point.

Maybe you can reach Philpot, if you are having difficulty, either thru your local dealer or thru the Lenox web site -- there's a phone # there for Lennox & you can reach a real person in the service department.

We live in an area that is predominately gas units, is it possible that my dealer is not properly experienced with electric units?
    Last edited by belzona101; 01-06-2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: delete "lawers" it won't come to that!

Sounds like low air flow to me, tripping on the pressure switch in heat. The Variable Speed air handler will overcome a slightly deficient duct system, but the key word there is SLIGHTLY!

Do you have a zoned system? My unit does not have a discharge air sensor.

Do you have gas heat for auxiliary?

What thermostat are you using?

Where are you located?

More info would be helpful. Lawyers are expensive and almost never helpful. The last time I had to sue someone, it took 2.5 years to get results. Try Mr. Philpot first!
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast