Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch I-Driver

Thumbs up

I picked up this toy about 2 weeks ago now when I was at Lowes helping my father get some wood for his deck. The Bosch I-Driver if I had noticed the price before I was at the register I would not have bought it but sense it was already rung up I figured I would play with it then return the dang thing. Well I love it so much its not going back and has taken the place of my 12 volt Makita in my service bag. This drill/driver has done everything Ive asked of it without a complaint. I would not use it for running a bunch of zip screws or playing with a hole saw but the multitude of panels and fasteners I see every day while doing service work it takes care of with ease and with its swivel head and small size it can get places my drill never could.

So if youre sick of dragging around that big drill to do little things this is an amazing tool that I would buy agin.

http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=70084&I=69859

That looks pretty cool, I would like to see one in person.

I hear you brother.
    I bought this one and love using it.
    Only weighs 1.8 lbs.

http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=70084&I=69862
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Originally posted by a\c don
    I hear you brother.
    I bought this one and love using it.
    Only weighs 1.8 lbs.

http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=70084&I=69862
    Got one too. One little tough driver. Very small and lightweight. Also, I like the fact that it comes with 2 batteris.

Just bought one of these today & will be returning it tomorrow.

Kinda sad when right out of the box one of the batteries won't work or charge.

I am going to give it another try though & get them to replace it.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Sorry to hear that david.
    It is a good product IMO.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

We have been using Bosch stuff for a long time Don, first hint of trouble I have ever had from their stuff.

I know it will be made right.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

These are hard to find,,, Ive been looking for one of these for a while.

lowes has them in and out home depot only carrys the pistol style one. one of our local "pro tool houses" says they are having a hard time getting them he orderd 10 and got 3.

jist got 1 used it today. It's a keeper! Clutch seems very tite though, pretty sure it'll strip burner cover screws on L/FJ/Y even on lowest setting. anybody else have the same or is mine defective? Even with that though it has a spot in my bag!

I thought the same the first time I used it but after a full day of RTU maintenance I had forgotten that the clutch even existed the trigger is so sensitive and the torque so good at slow speed that I just leave it on the drill setting and go about my business. From what I can tell the clutch on the I-driver works on back EMF witch isnt the best design for a driver but if they had done a traditional mechanical clutch they would have left of the pivot head and i find the pivot head vary usful.

I love mine so much I got one for my partner who worships yellow plastic and now he carries the I-driver around in his main bag. His 18volt hammer drill now sits in the truck. I think the funniest part is with the 18 volt he would put in a fresh battery every day when he took his lunch now he will go all day or more on one battery with the spare sitting in the bottom of the tool bag

About how much does it cost?
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

149.00 @ LOWES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast