Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    "PM" = private message.

You may want to have a moderator remove your email from the post. You can put an email address in your profile page.

At the top left of the page, there is a "private messages" button. You have to enable it in the user control panel.

I think only pro members have this feature.
    Assuming this is job related, this would be the only section of the site that allows email addresses to be posted

Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    "PM" = private message.

You may want to have a moderator remove your email from the post. You can put an email address in your profile page.

At the top left of the page, there is a "private messages" button. You have to enable it in the user control panel.

I think only pro members have this feature.

Job Discussion Forum is the one forum that Email addresses are permitted to be in post.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Learn how to weld? How would someone learn how to weld if they don't weld for a living. So, I'm sure I can take a course or BOCES class to learn how to weld but I doubt once I receive a Certificate Local 638 A side will be like "ALright hope on board Champ". I know it doesn't work this. I'm in 638B and I would love to weld and hop on over to the A side. BUT, theres this thing called "KNOWING SOMEBODY" on the A side. As some people on this site stated here unless you're buddy buddy with the BA you ain'tgetting in.

Sorry about 638. 597 has an open door policy in it's weld shop. Pass the Weld test requirements and you will get a chance. Come to Chicago Service Fitters & Construction Fitters actually get along

Wow that is cool about the open door policy. There's nothing better than to hear Union members getting long. UNITED we stand, DIVIDED we fall!!

Being a building trades Apprentice do you still have a chance to work for Hvac-R contractor?

Quote Originally Posted by hvacapprentice5 View Post
    Being a building trades Apprentice do you still have a chance to work for Hvac-R contractor?
    Try reading through the first 44 posts to this thread. I think somewhere in there it mentions that it depends on what local you are in. By the way, what local are you in?

In 597 all Apprentices are classified as Building Trades. Many Contractors have Service and Construction. So a building trades Apprentice can work for an HVAC Contractor.

Okay thanks i'm in Local 469 AZ

Local 469 has a split scale which is comparable to some Locals' A, B, and C Cards. The highest is Applied Service Jm and then comes Commercial Service Jm.

Does 469 have a split scale for Construction?

If I'm not mistaken, Industrial Construction Jm is $4.30/Hr. higher than Commercial Construction Jm. Both Service and Construction are Building Trades. There's no Metal Trades in Local 469, but they will accept a MT Jm Traveler as a "residential and light commercial AC tech". This makes better sense that a Local classifying all HVACR Service as Metal Trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyhat 597 View Post
    In 597 all Apprentices are classified as Building Trades. Many Contractors have Service and Construction. So a building trades Apprentice can work for an HVAC Contractor.
    Then why do they make you (apprentice) choose HVAC or BT when you sign up?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast