Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 460 volt 3 ph

460 volt 3 ph

Found 6 units at one store all with the disconnect mounted on the door and the wires with nothing but black tape to protect them. If the tech that did this sees this post I added the picture of the correct location after I moved all of the disconnects so no one would get killed.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thats one way to keep the copper thiefs away.

Some things never change.........sigh......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

3M 33+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alitakjack View Post
    3M 33+ ?
    Man, I hope it was at least 3M and not the cheap plastic-y crap!

the reason i touch every unit i walk up to with the back of my hand before i proceed to do any work on it!
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    the reason i touch every unit i walk up to with the back of my hand before i proceed to do any work on it!
    Why with the back of your hand?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyBeer View Post
    Why with the back of your hand?
    Because if the frame is hot electrically your hand will contract. Better to make a fist and pull away, than to be stuck glad handing a "hot" unit!

What i don't get is why the factory disconnect wasn't used on that unit. Not that it's a big deal but it sure would make more sense

Personally I think it should be against code to mount discounts or DDC directly to any unit. Just simply cause they always seem to be right in my way.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Does anyone know how many laps of black tape it takes to keep back 600 volts?............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................ONE
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Weaver View Post
    Does anyone know how many laps of black tape it takes to keep back 600 volts?............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................ONE
    It may take one lap of black tape to hold back 600 volts but the sharp metal edge will cut two layers of black tape each time the units door is opened.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    Personally I think it should be against code to mount discounts or DDC directly to any unit. Just simply cause they always seem to be right in my way.
    When disconnects are mounted directly on units in some areas they do not pass inspection.Don"t ask how I got to know that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast