Can someone tell my what is that compressor size (capacity ?) ?

Hi !

Someone change my compresor in my lennox xp13-024 (2 tons unit). I'm almost sure they put a 1.5 ton in that unit instead odf the 2 ton.

The compressor is an Interlink an the model number is apa020kaa.

Thanks a lot !

Is this in the US? Never heard of a Lennox that didn't have a Copeland scroll in the last few years. It is very common that the "size" of the compressor is smaller than the "size" of the A/C.

in fact it's in Canada.

they told me that it's a 2 ton compressor. I saw on the box that it was written 1.5 ton, when I told that the guy he told me to ''don't worry about this, they are gonna be the same''.

It is probably 20,000 btu common in that size unit with r410a. Lennox rep. for us said Lennox does use other compressors in some models.
    I have seen LG scrolls in commercial Lennox units.
    That is the correct number on the Interlink compressor for your unit.
    Last edited by Tjune54; 07-04-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: more info

Tjune, so you say that there's no problem to put that compressor that compressor in my 2 tons Lennox despite it seems to be an 1.5 ton ?

On my receipt it says ''81w04''compressor, but that doesn't seem to be that compressor installed.

81w04 is the listed Lennox part for your unit.

My 2.5 (30,000 btu) ton Lennox unit has a 26,000 btu compressor in it and is factory installed.

THanks for those answers. I was wooried because the heatpump isn't functionning the way it should and i'm trying to know what could be the problem before the tech guy is coming next week. The heatpump can't attain called temperature. The temp difference between the exiting air and the one who enter is only between 10 and 12 farenheit.

all these issues should be addressed by whomever is installing the compressor, unless you're doing it yourself-then-you're on your own.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

I'm absolutly not the type of guy that would do anything by myself on that heatpump. I'll ask them, my main question as been answer, this is the correct compressor. That's something that could be evacuated.

some people should just stay in the house and let the tech work . No mater if it is the right size you are convinced its not and will never be happy

The BTU rating on compressors is still the 130 condensing temp rating. The condenser how ever is rated at 105 condensing temp, and the compressors BTU rating at that temp is much higher then the the rating tagged on it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

according to Lennox, this is the correct part for the listed unit.

at one time it was also listed as a 1.5T as well.

sounds like that either was not the original issue or there is another issue as well.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by tostaky View Post
    I'm absolutly not the type of guy that would do anything by myself on that heatpump. I'll ask them, my main question as been answer, this is the correct compressor. That's something that could be evacuated.
    Did you mean to say eliminated? I heard about a guy who went in for surgery. The nurse was busy, and rather than read the patients file she asked him what kind of surgery he came in for. After thinking about it a minute he said "Castration, yep, I'm here for a castration." Ok, said the nurse, and began to prepare him for the surgery. A couple of hours later he awoke in his room. His new Jewish wife was there with him. She said "so darling, how did the circumcision go?" He jumped up and exclaimed "That's the word I was looking for!"