Carrier screw chiller will not reset

Confused Carrier screw chiller will not reset

Carrier M#30HXC161RY-600AA (series1) screw chiller
    Alarm code #37 (low suction pressure)I can not get thecircuit to reset. I am not sure if this matters but I can not warm up the chiller because isalation vales will not hold.

Need more info...

rgb- Your first post, we have no information on you or your technical ability to troubleshoot. 1) Did you put a set of gauges on this unit ? 2) If you did what was your suction pressure ? 3) What did your display show as the suction pressure as read by the suction pressure transducer ? 4) Did the actual pressure from your gauge match the read out on your display ? The controls will not allow a reset to occur as long as the fault condition exist. When we help someone here we somehow imagine that they can help themselves and give us ALL the information to show us what is going on.-GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

checked pressure transducers and temp sensors Suction pressure transducer readig 54# I have other chillers on the system and can warm up evap I can not find any info on what conditons need to be meet to reset I should have filled out the profile I have 25 yrs + commercial AC and ref. experance and a BSEE in my spar time Thanks for any help with this problem

Quote Originally Posted by rgb View Post
    checked pressure transducers and temp sensors Suction pressure transducer readig 54# I have other chillers on the system and can warm up evap I can not find any info on what conditons need to be meet to reset I should have filled out the profile I have 25 yrs + commercial AC and ref. experance and a BSEE in my spar time Thanks for any help with this problem
    You can reset it by now surely.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I have had plenty of transducers fail, verify what the processor is seeing as a value.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

I have a feeling it has something to do with freeze protection of the evap barrel, from reading literature on newer series chillers they have a one hour delay for reset. It has been two weeks(good thing they have two Chillers). Since I can not warm the chiller up I disconected all the pressure sensers on that circ. and conected them to a half full tank of 134a that was sitting there for just over an hour. When I hit reset Alarms go to zero and alarm #37 pops back again in a min. I have the network screen above the control panel witch gives me a little more info. then the screen on the chiller. The co. I work for gave me a navagater but it does not have a phone jack to plug it into. I think we have the software to hook up to the chiller but I am not sure that will help and everyone is bussy in this heat so it is on me

I have a feeling it has something to do with freeze protection of the evap barrel, from reading literature on newer series chillers they have a one hour delay for reset. It has been two weeks(good thing they have two Chillers). Since I can not warm the chiller up I disconected all the pressure sensers on that circ. and conected them to a half full tank of 134a that was sitting there for just over an hour. When I hit reset Alarms go to zero and alarm #37 pops back again in a min. I have the network screen above the control panel witch gives me a little more info. then the screen on the chiller. The co. I work for gave me a navagater but it does not have a phone jack to plug it into. I think we have the software to hook up to the chiller but I am not sure that will help and everyone is bussy in this heat so it is on me
    Since you probably have 57 degrees water or so going thru the cooler it isn't 28 degrees. What are the other transducers reading for oil , discharge, and economiser?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

rgb:
    to lower the low pressure saturation temperature of the evaporator, this alarm is not reset immediately for safety equipment

I forgot to mention I configured as a brine chiller and rest all temp. setoints and trip points to lowest settings and it would not reset

I forgot to mention I configured as a brine chiller and rest all temp. setoints and trip points to lowest settings and it would not reset
    And they would be nice to know along with the pressures and temps of the whole machine.
    UA 100

To reset chiller after two low suction pressure faults in 24 hr. period you have to put chiller in manual mode and hit reset in this mode.

How do you put a 30hxc in Manual mode to reset low sat suction temp failure. Had leak repaired it and now trying to run to charge system up.
    Thanks,
    Ken