Nice electrical.

Is fed by 60 amp breaker, has 60 amp fuses and feeds several 120v to an add on bedroom, 240v to the drier and the 3.5 ton condenser.

Is under a deck- access is to remove a floor board.

My mention to them that this is absolutely dangerous and wrong, got me an answer like I was a nut. "Been like that for 15 years..... blah blah ......"

I wash my hands of it on the invoice.

looks legit

Good call Walter

watched a co-worker assume once that a circuit was dead cause the breaker for that box was off. nope. it looked like that and was fed from some were else.

not happy he melted his new wire strippers. not happy with a direct short, and no breaker or fuse blew.

Quacks like a duck...

Kinda like a 15 yr smoker saying ...stop?...why?.....hasn't killed me yet

Recently had to replace a compressor that a co hacker, i mean worker condemned. He removes the wires from the compressor & tapes them but doesn't disconnect the contactor coil wires. Unit left on for stage 2 & it being the only unit that's fine. But seriously this could of back fired.

O.B.A.M.A.= One Big A$$ Mistake America
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Recently had to replace a compressor that a co hacker, i mean worker condemned. He removes the wires from the compressor & tapes them but doesn't disconnect the contactor coil wires. Unit left on for stage 2 & it being the only unit that's fine. But seriously this could of back fired.

If coming from compressor ...who cares?

If coming from contactor... guy has no reason to remain a tech.
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Walter,
    That makes me cringe. One of the worst shocks I've ever gotten was from a set-up similar to that. I was changing a compressor that another tech had found. I get on the roof and the disconect is off and 3 blown fuses are laying on the top. I went to work . I had the old comp out and the new one in. As the vaccume was pulling I reached in to hook up the leads (3 phase) and somehow accidentally put my hand across the lineside of the contactor and pow it hit me hard. Knocked me acroos the roof of this resturant about 8 feet to the edge . Had there not have been a four foot wall around this roof I would have fell off. After I got my never back I looked under the cover of the disconect and ALL THREE LEGS WERE BY-PASSED with a peice of wire

Worst day of learning ever. When I see stuff and bring it to the owners attention and they casually dismiss it , I assume they are to stupid to value my services and leave a detailed copy of the signed invoice with them , at the bottom I spell out clearly "HO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS OR MY SAFETY" and have them inital beside those words.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyhall.tech.sc View Post
    If coming from compressor ...who cares?

If coming from contactor... guy has no reason to remain a tech.
    Coming from the contactor! Forget to mention that. This guy sucks but no matter what people like him will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyhall.tech.sc View Post
    Walter,
    That makes me cringe. One of the worst shocks I've ever gotten was from a set-up similar to that. I was changing a compressor that another tech had found. I get on the roof and the disconect is off and 3 blown fuses are laying on the top. I went to work . I had the old comp out and the new one in. As the vaccume was pulling I reached in to hook up the leads (3 phase) and somehow accidentally put my hand across the lineside of the contactor and pow it hit me hard. Knocked me acroos the roof of this resturant about 8 feet to the edge . Had there not have been a four foot wall around this roof I would have fell off. After I got my never back I looked under the cover of the disconect and ALL THREE LEGS WERE BY-PASSED with a peice of wire

Worst day of learning ever. When I see stuff and bring it to the owners attention and they casually dismiss it , I assume they are to stupid to value my services and leave a detailed copy of the signed invoice with them , at the bottom I spell out clearly "HO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS OR MY SAFETY" and have them inital beside those words.
    We see that a lot scary stuff glad your okay. Many times if a leg burns up in a disconnect, some super maintenance guy will stretch a leg across the disconnect. We usually check disconnects before work and when we catch that we cut the handle off their disconnect with snips.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Coming from the contactor! Forget to mention that. This guy sucks but no matter what people like him will always exist.

Be diligent and be straight forward when you tell the service manager that you love your wife and kids and value your life....... seriously