+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Flashlight is everyone using

Post Likes
    I find the Streamlights to have a Strongest blinding white color out of all the brands i use if you like not being able to read labels. Surefire and Fenix hands down has the best least stressful off-white color LED thus Far. I am willing to explorer other brands that are established but not onexpensive poor made products. I refuse to buy any poor made products if at all possible.

Here are pictures of (4) of my LED lights i had close to me. They are the best i could do with my iphone on short notice. I may do another with more model lightsFro

From Left to Right

1. Surefire Digital L1 High- (65 Lumens!! For the time is was a bright light expecially for only one CR123A batt) ( I bought in 2005 Still going strong, Might be better if i had a new lens with less wear.) I still uses at work everyday and carry my new Fenix with me when i need more light or the person i'm with had a maglite or a cheap chinese HD light.
    2. Fenix PD32 UE- (140 Lumens
    3. )Streamlight ProTac HL -(600 Lumens) Harsher white
    4. Surefire Fury High- (500 Lumens) Bright White but much more easy on the eyes also 100 lumens less

I am person that is loyal to products, and customer service, that treat me well and Surefire is one of them. I hope they are working on some new products of miitary grade lights. It seem that all the manufacturers are on a max Lumen competition recently and they apparently have some new technology giving them the ability to gain greater output on previous models at a minimal cost increase!!

I would like to see a battery life indicator built-in to new lights. I would find that very useful like that found on new Lithium-ion Cordless Power tools. BTW, I'm upset that i forgot that i had my new Fenxi TK15 that would have been a great addition to the comparison.

Next Ill be outfitting my Truck with Rigid LED light Bar the amazing Lumen output!!

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    ive been loyal to streamlight for basicly two reasons... i love the recharging cradle, dont have to pull the batterys at all. i just hang it up when i get home and it trickle charges all night. then in the morning i know im good to go no matter what my day throws at me.

also the local "cop shop", striechers is very close to me and they are an authourized dealer. exellent customer service. over the last 16 years that ive carried a streamlight whenever ive needed service my light is repaired on the spot. do this during my lunch break, no problem

i agrre however i havent yet found a better beam quality than in my surefires.

as far as lumen output the LED industry has now exceeded the " how much light do you really need?" yeah its fun to scorch the night but right now im after quality light. my SF gsx is great on high (200 lm) but on low (15 lm) the light is a nice light level but has a pukey green hue that i hate.

so my search for a natural light, perfect beam, long runtime r123 or a cradle charge type light continues
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    Energizer Pocket Pen LED light. for everyday use.

Post Likes
    TerraLUX lightstar 300, $22 at Johnstone. I just don't think there is a better bang for buck deal out there yet.

Post Likes
    Here are the pictures that pertain to the flashlights

All Four light Beams at wall
    Name:  4lights.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  22.8 KB

All Four light Beams at wall #2
    Name:  4lights2.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  20.3 KB

SureFire L1 Left- Fenix Right
    Name:  surefireFenix.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  17.9 KB

Streamlight Left - Surefire Fury
    Name:  StreamlightSurfire.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  19.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I find the Streamlights to have a Strongest blinding white color out of all the brands i use if you like not being able to read labels. Surefire and Fenix hands down has the best least stressful off-white color LED thus Far. I am willing to explorer other brands that are established but not onexpensive poor made products. I refuse to buy any poor made products if at all possible.

Here are pictures of (4) of my LED lights i had close to me. They are the best i could do with my iphone on short notice. I may do another with more model lightsFro

From Left to Right

1. Surefire Digital L1 High- (65 Lumens!! For the time is was a bright light expecially for only one CR123A batt) ( I bought in 2005 Still going strong, Might be better if i had a new lens with less wear.) I still uses at work everyday and carry my new Fenix with me when i need more light or the person i'm with had a maglite or a cheap chinese HD light.
    2. Fenix PD32 UE- (140 Lumens
    3. )Streamlight ProTac HL -(600 Lumens) Harsher white
    4. Surefire Fury High- (500 Lumens) Bright White but much more easy on the eyes also 100 lumens less

I am person that is loyal to products, and customer service, that treat me well and Surefire is one of them. I hope they are working on some new products of miitary grade lights. It seem that all the manufacturers are on a max Lumen competition recently and they apparently have some new technology giving them the ability to gain greater output on previous models at a minimal cost increase!!

I would like to see a battery life indicator built-in to new lights. I would find that very useful like that found on new Lithium-ion Cordless Power tools. BTW, I'm upset that i forgot that i had my new Fenxi TK15 that would have been a great addition to the comparison.

Next Ill be outfitting my Truck with Rigid LED light Bar the amazing Lumen output!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CDJr View Post
    I just picked up one of these today at HF and its impressive. The flashlights bright and the worklight part will light up a decent area...and its no larger than your cell phone.

http://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-...ght-67227.html
    Those are nice to light inside air handlers. Also makes a great head lamp, with the magnet on the back, but have to make a sheet metal hat first.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    I bought that little harbor freight one. The magnet disappeared which isn't all that surprising

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    I bought that little harbor freight one. The magnet disappeared which isn't all that surprising

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe not from Harbor Freight. I bought 3 from NAPA a few years ago. Same design, but maybe different manufactures. Or thet cheapened them.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ParamountAir View Post
    Just got this head lamp last week - I knew it was for me when I hit the "test" button while looking directly at it and was blinded for an hour. So blind I didnt read that it was $40. Oh well, its worth it - 196 lumens baby!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_297874-13229...tInfo=Headlamp
    I just bought one it got alotta good reviews but the hinge for the bulb is thin and plastic i know ill break it. Oh well i opted for the 2year warranty. It is very bright on the other hand. Best headlight i will ever break

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    Terra lux lightstar. $19 from my J-mart.
    300 Lumens max and 80 lumens low light.

Came with a holster and use it every single day. Now looking for a great headlight and I'm set.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post
    chuck, nytfog......

let us know how warm ( light color, tint, color rendition) that light is. i own many led lights and a few incandesent surefires.

compared side by side the incan lights are far superiour as far as seeing real life color but it sounds like the leds are getting better.

i think i just need to break down and order a malkoff drop in for my 6p, justa havent decided on whicn one for power vs battery life

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/d...ff-c-1_14.html
    I got it yesterday and my first impression is good. The color is definitely cooler than most cheap LED lights I have tried. I wouldn't say it is a cool white, but it's not the bluish white that makes all colors look the same. It is called a neutral white in the specs.

First thing I noticed is that it has a large spot beam, wide angle. Which is nice for what I need a light for, close and confined spaces. Might not be so great if you need a long narrow beam for long reach. I like the diffuser that it comes with, turns it into a really bright flood light.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I got it yesterday and my first impression is good. The color is definitely cooler than most cheap LED lights I have tried. I wouldn't say it is a cool white, but it's not the bluish white that makes all colors look the same. It is called a neutral white in the specs.

First thing I noticed is that it has a large spot beam, wide angle. Which is nice for what I need a light for, close and confined spaces. Might not be so great if you need a long narrow beam for long reach. I like the diffuser that it comes with, turns it into a really bright flood light.
    I especially like the multiple lumen selection to save battery life and produce the right amount of light per each need.

Post Likes
    Jr LED by Streamlight, Bayco 60 LED rechargeable for overall flooding of areas.

Post Likes
    Nytefog,

Is the switch on the PD-32 one that "remembers" the setting that you have it on? Or do you have the cycle through all of the settings to get from off to the one you want, and then through the rest to get back to off....

Am I explaining my question well enough? Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnymick View Post
    Nytefog,

Is the switch on the PD-32 one that "remembers" the setting that you have it on? Or do you have the cycle through all of the settings to get from off to the one you want, and then through the rest to get back to off....

Am I explaining my question well enough? Thanks.
    Yes, the switch does remember your last setting for the next time you turn it on so you don't have to cycle through them unless needed.

Post Likes
    i use this one, i keep it in my shirt pocket always ready to go, and i just love it. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyd5argiT_Y

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I just got a Fenix PD32 UE. I have Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix and various other brands, but love this new Fenix light at this point. I have a slight flashlight fetish. It's a tool i use the most everyday many times. The Surefire i use is over 4 years old and still my favorite (L1 Digital Lumamax, no longer made).

This new Fenix that came in yesterday (Amazon: $86+free shipping). I like how their is a separate botton for switching lumen modes. You don't have to do some type of sequence with the power switch as some brands require to change lumen modes.

It has five brightnessd modes using (2) CR123A batteries which all my lights use.

9 Lumens 130HRS
    40 Lumens 27HR
    140 Lumens 7HR 15MIN
    400 Lumens 2HR 40MIN
    740 Lumens 1HR

I would recommend this light for those looking for one under $100
    I'm with you as to liking lights.
    Just got a new one to try out and realized that I was carrying 7 on me that day.

Post Likes
    Just bought two Larry lights by NEBO. Incredible light- very bright floodlight with an 11 hour battery life. It now replaces my LED Mini Maglight as my favorite, and it fits in my shirt pocket.

Post Likes
    Just bought my 1st decent light in awhile teralux 300. 300 lumens. So far so good. I haven't lost it yet.

Post Likes
    Costco sells 3 pack 200 lumens each flashlight for $20. Best deal I found. Bought a pack and still have 2 left on my truck as spares. Had it over 5 months and works like a champ.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in