+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Flashlight is everyone using

Post Likes
    i got a Petzl headlamp @ Ramsey Outdoors for $20 that has 70 lumens, I couldn't beat that price. For those outside the tri-state area, REI or EMS should have them too, not sure if their price will be as low

Post Likes

Led Lenser P7

Just picked up a Led Lenser P7 with the P3 as a bonus.
    So far works great but I can't comment on longevity. I have yet to be convinced on rechargeable batteries as well as the CR123's so I stuck to something that accepts readily available AA or AAA. 175 lumens is more than enough for my needs.

Post Likes
    this is a very nice light at an extremely low cost. It's slightly brighter than my Coast PX25 it has adjustable beam and a magnetic base.

http://www.toolbarn.com/nebo-5557.ht...FQu0nQodM1IAzQ
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-5602-Blue...ine+flashlight

I bought one of these at Batteries Plus for $25 because I was impressed with how bright it is with just 1 AA. (130) lums

I liked it so much I bought 3 more at the hardware store when they were on sale for 15 each.

Post Likes
    been using the Strion LED for a couple of weeks now, would recommend it to anyone, its awesome. battery has yet to die on me. good throw, the ability to change lumen output, excellent design. i kinda wish i could adjust the beam spread but thats just me nit-picking. the fenix e25 ain't bad either.

i really couldn't see using a surefire, 280 lumens the strion provides is more than enough for me. plus i find that surefire and their exclusive battery design could't be anymore gimmicky and a lame way to drum up sales for their company. if i were in law enforcement or military service, that would be one thing. i'm just a simple hvac tech.....
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Post Likes
    Great subject!

I have a couple dozen flashlights around that I have experimented with, my problem is finding the batteries have died. So my solution is my iPhone, it has a great light and I always have it with me fully charged. I think my favorite backup is my pelican 2AA because I can clamp it between my teeth and work with free hands. I also have some of those headlights I use when I'm going to be working extended periods with no light

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    ....i really couldn't see using a surefire, 280 lumens the strion provides is more than enough for me. plus i find that surefire and their exclusive battery design could't be anymore gimmicky and a lame way to drum up sales for their company. if i were in law enforcement or military service, that would be one thing. i'm just a simple hvac tech.....
    The batteries Surfire uses are not exclusive or gimmicky by any means. The 123a battery have been around for sometime and have been used in cameras for quite a while. You don't have to buy name brand Surefire brand batteries. Duracell and many other make the same batteries. Surefire makes lights that use AA batteries as well. Streamlight also uses 123a and AA model lights as well. I use about three boxes of 123a battsa year for my lights. Surefire doesn't need any help drumming up sales and definitely doesn't uses their batties for this purpose my fellow Jersian. Surefire has also been making flashlights since the mid 1980's. The uses of the 123a battery started because of the need for a lithium ion battery and the compact size. Notice that the AA lights size are much larger making transporting them more difficult.

I've tried many lights Fenix, Streamlight, 4Sevens, 511, and so on. Many of them are of excellent quality and i use them as well as my Surefires. I do prefer Surefire as you can tell because they have an excellent reputation, they are made in the USA and their quality remain unchanged since i started purchasing their products.

i do refuse to use any LED light made in China. I actually try to not purchase any products made in China. It is not always possible but i try to do my part in supporting our counties manufacturing. USA the best country in the world! SUREFIRE is on the front lines protecting us and our troops!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    The batteries Surfire uses are not exclusive or gimmicky by any means. The 123a battery have been around for sometime and have been used in cameras for quite a while. You don't have to buy name brand Surefire brand batteries. Duracell and many other make the same batteries.
    Funny.

Around here, Surefire branded batteries are the cheapest.

I buy 2 for about $5 at Lowes.

Buying 2 anywhere else will run you closer to $13-15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Funny.

Around here, Surefire branded batteries are the cheapest.

I buy 2 for about $5 at Lowes.

Buying 2 anywhere else will run you closer to $13-15
    I'm not sure where they cost $13-15?

I buy a box of 72 Surefire Brand and each battery cost me $1.87/battery. Much less expensive the buying lithium ion AA batteries!!

I keep a surefire flashlight in my cars and through out my house and next to the light i keep a 12-pack of 123a batts. Its actually better because the batteries can't be taken by people to be used in toys, remotes or other items, haha!

Post Likes
    Cheap ones because I keep losing them.
    once you think you know everything, you'll never learn another thing!

Post Likes
    I like my streamlight stylus pro.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I'm not sure where they cost $13-15?

I buy a box of 72 Surefire Brand and each battery cost me $1.87/battery. Much less expensive the buying lithium ion AA batteries!!

I keep a surefire flashlight in my cars and through out my house and next to the light i keep a 12-pack of 123a batts. Its actually better because the batteries can't be taken by people to be used in toys, remotes or other items, haha!
    A 2 pack of the 123a batteries by Duracell or Energizer at the local grocery store tends to run upwards of $13-15. I've paid more at Radio Shack when I NEEDED light.

I'm thinking about adding a few more Surefire lights to the stable and would probably buy batteries as you do if I do that.

Post Likes
    That is serious price gouging!! lol. I'd buy a cheap flashlight if i really needed it!! Are the Duracell or Energizer batteries have any advantages to justify the outrageous price?

Post Likes
    That is serious price gouging!! lol. I'd buy a cheap flashlight if i really needed it!! Are the Duracell or Energizer batteries have any advantages to justify the outrageous price?
    Just the pretty colors painted on the sides.

About the only advantage that I can come up with is availability.

I've begun carrying a couple of LED Maglites just in case.

It's hard to adjust, though

Post Likes
    Streamlight SL-20x LED for me. It's pure awesome.

Post Likes
    I use this one bc of the extremely wide cast and use rechargeable AA batteries in it. Keeps two hands free and works like a champ.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Campi...3Bcat104379480

Post Likes
    led lenser p5r. worked well so far. but that sure fire p2x is 500 lumens?!?! i know what im getting if my current one craps out.

Post Likes
    I'm currently using a Coast PX 4.5
    http://www.coastportland.com/px45-led-flashlight.htm

and I found a heavy duty "rotating" holster for it at home depot

http://www.niteize.com/product/Lite-Holster-Stretch.asp

This holster is very handy. It just needs a magnet on the front.................
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes

There is a difference. Here is a detailed comparison, it even has per minute cost figures. A little dated possibly but still useful imo.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...hoot-Out/page7

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    Love this little guy. The magnets are a life saver
    I had one of those! Still stuck to the inside of a unit somewhere.

If someone finds it please return it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in