+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Gas piping for evap drainpan ... ?

Post Likes

Hot Gas piping for evap drainpan ... ?

Hello All

I have a small walk-in freezer with a self-contianed split box evap sitting on top
    with the condensor, system utilizes Hot Gas defrost. Hot gas line loops down through evap pan then up and tee's in after the TXV.

evap: Kysor M# RAH 210RL S# 120831990

i was sent to the location last week with the complaint that water would fall out of the box from the ceiling and freeze on the floor. I found the hot gas line running through the pan was distorted and partially pushed out from all the ice buildup. The drainpan looked like is has been adjusted from factory location.

I dont come across many hot gas systems. I am trying to figure out what the norm is for the installation of a hot gas loop for an evap condensate pan. I am asking because this system has had alot of hand on it and im not sure it is how it was from the factory. I understand there can be other issues but I want to make sure my hot gas line for the pan is set up correctly first.

for example: Should the hot gas loop be strapped to the bottom of the evap like an electric heater? if so, what should the gap from bottom of line to the pan be?

any help would be appreciated, thanx

Post Likes
    All the one's I see are on the bottom and the heat rises.

The HG pipe is always soldered to the bottom pan or better yet a bottom plate, not the bottom pan.

Post Likes
    the last one i saw, i thought anyway, had the piping soldered to the bottom of the drainpan underneath, not inside. is this what you are implying?

Post Likes
    Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in