Generator running my Miller AC unit

Hello folks, this is my first post here. I am needing some opinions/help in deciding how to run a 8000 watt rated (10k watt surge ) portable generator on my 2.5 ton Miller mobile home outside AC unit. I have read conflicting stories that it will work, it won't, it will with a hard start capacitor.

My unit is a Miller Model msc-36E-c2. It says on the side plate - 83.5 LR amps and 17.9 RL amps.

The breaker is rated at 40amps

My Generator has a 30 amp 240v and a 50amp 240v reciptable

So my question....Could I wire in a Reliance reciptable box that will accept the generator 30 or 50amp cord and trip out the 40amp house breaker, start up the generator and run the AC unit ?

I done quite a bit of wiring in the past. Wired my 100amp garage service. Wired in a Reliance switching box for a separate generator ( 7500 w ) which workjs very well

Your opinions and help is VERY much appreciated.

Later

You can wire to the 240volt 50amp but your startup on that unit can be more than the actual running load that it is rated at sometimes up to 30% more. Once started, with the specs you gave the unit is continuous 4296watts. I have had generators not be able to handle the startup load of both 2 and 3 ton units. The generators were rated at 10000watt continuous 12500 surge.

Good Luck

Thread closed, read the rules.