Px Include..First attempt

I'm working from an example I found on niagara central website. I d/l the step by step pdf and the bog file and have it running on my jace. The problem I'm having is getting the values to show up in the px include when i drag and drop the controller on the px page.

The zone shows up correctly and the hyperlink works fine, but that's where the success ends. This is a PCT program that the station is made from so all the points have -C or -O. So for my variables I did something like this for supply fan (vfd) output.

$(sfo)/SF$2dO

So when I look at my before and after in my variables on my px page it looks like the attached file. Any ideas why my points won't show up?

Here is the link I am using as a guide from Niagara Central.http://www.niagara-central.com/ord?p...clude_Examples
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Open up the workbench with the console and you should see some errors in the console window as to why its not working.

Quote Originally Posted by elitecodex View Post
    Open up the workbench with the console and you should see some errors in the console window as to why its not working.
    Not sure I understand what you are saying. How do you open workbench with the console?

In your start menu, you should have whatever your workbench is called (its different depending on who you bought it from) and then an identical option with "(Console)" after it. Open that and the only difference is you will see a small window with a black background open that display messages similar to the output from the application director. Exceptions will show in that window for things that happen in the workbench (like not being able to resolve an ORD in a Px page).

Or, in that same area in your start menu, open the "Console" and you should get a small window with a command prompt and a blue background. Type wb and hit enter and its basically the same thing - that window will show you error messages from the workbench.

Thank you elitecodex. The error that is displayed is:
    Warning Unresolved: station:|slot:/drivers/bacnetnetwork/AHU$20A/SF$2dO

That is the point I'm trying to get back. $2d is the same as - isn't it?

If you open the property sheet of the point you want and press ctrl L it will show the ord and whatever the replacement is for -. I can never remember what the replacements are so I use this frequently. I avoid special characters like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    I avoid special characters like the plague.
    I couldn't agree more - I just wish all AX programmers thought like that. I would use the shortcut that hvac69 mentioned... that way you are sure to get the right ORD. I don't know off hand if its case sensitive but maybe something else to look at.

FINALLY!! Yeah special characters are not friendly! Thanks for the help! the ctrl + L helped solve the problem.

Hey guys,
    I have a similar problem. Not having used the Px Include before (and not knowing about the issues with special characters) I've gone and used special characters! I've had a good shot at this and am putting my hand up for some assistance.

The point example I'll use is:
    points/Mode/Current_Mode

I am writing up the Label Ord as:
    $(Mode/Current$5fMode)Current_Mode

With either (Mode/Current_Mode) or (Mode/Current$5fMode) or any other combination, I get an error regarding the unknown character or the value does not show up.

Any help is much appreciated in advance.
    - Adrian

Sentry, I am pretty sure the "_" is not a special character and you don't need the "$5f", just an "_"

If you're using Fx supervisors and JCIs graphic templates, it's probably a good idea to become familiar with the program service/batch editor.

Knowing how to use this service can resolve a lot of the annoyance issues you're having with special characters... making mass corrections/changes to the station can save you a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by sycontrol View Post
    So when I look at my before and after in my variables on my px page it looks like the attached file. Any ideas why my points won't show up?
    I'm guessing that the bound labels inside your PxInclude aren't actually automated

-> text -> %out.value%

etc etc
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose