Trane Air Handler interior mositure accumulation

Trane Air Handler interior mositure accumulation

Hi,

I have a Trane Air Handler - 4TEE3C04A1000 paired w/ an XL20i installed in a garage. The top section of the air handler / blower section has an accumulation of excessive amounts of mositure - saturating the insulation lining the front cover panel and the electrical and electronics are also covered with condensation.
    At times the water runs out of the front panel.

The exterior does not have any condensation on it - this only exist on the interior.
    The CFM's are set for 400 per ton. Condensation line is draining.

This does not seem normal to have the interior so wet and with wet electrical components.

Does any one have a suggestion or has seen or experienced this before.

Thanks for any input...

I though that unlike a furnace, air handlers draw air across the coil, so the blwoer compartment, blower wheel and housing are cold. so if you have hot humid air geting into the air handler, it will condense.

Air handler in humid locations must be well sealed for this reason.

Just curious, if you had no outward signs of condensation, why would you otherwise go inside of the air handler?
    Ron

Forgive me, I just realized I missed that water was running out. Sounds like you have unconditioned air entering the unit as a possibility. You should call your local reputable HVAC guys and have it checked out.
    Ron

Thanks for the replies, but shouldn't the gasket on the door/front cover provide a seal so the external air isn't sucked into the unit and cause the condensation?
    Trane unit specs state less than 2 percent leakage, would that small amount of air be an issue?
    Thanks

Are the penetrations for the piping sealed with anything? That's usually the culprit. Usually the insulation on the large line covers the hole completely but the small line has a large gap and warm humid air is drawn directly over the interior of the blower panel.

That being said, the instant you remove the panel the whole top section will tend to condensate rapidly so it might not be as severe as it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    The laws of physics know no brand names.