AX OPC Boolean Writable won't write

AX OPC Boolean Writable won't write

On my G3/AX system, I have some OPC boolean points brought in. The read-only points seem to operate correctly (as they indicate the correct values and change when they are supposed to change), but on the Boolean Writable points, the "Write Value" never seems to get written out. When I look at the point, I can see that the "Write Value" is set to True, but the "Read Value" stays at false.

What am I missing?

I can successfully toggle this point from an external OPC client.

I can't even force the point from within workbench. If I right click and select Actions->Emergency Active, I see that In1 goes to True, but Out and Read Value stay false, the same as if I try to control the point from my normal in10 input.

Any ideas?

Attached is an image showing the point when it was set to "Emergency Active". You can see that In1 is True, but the Output and Read Value remain false....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You can try to right click by the proxy ext and under actions select force read or write and see it that helps. If it does, maybe network busytime is high?

Quote Originally Posted by sycontrol View Post
    You can try to right click by the proxy ext and under actions select force read or write and see it that helps. If it does, maybe network busytime is high?
    Thanks for the tip, but still no luck. I tried an "Emergency Active" on the point, then did a "Force Write" on the Proxy Ext, but the Out and Read Value stayed false.

Network activity is minimal, so I don't think that's a problem.

I'm going to delete the points from the OPC server (Kepware) as well as the AX system and try recreating them.

No luck

I deleted the points from AX and from the OPC server. I then recreated the points on the OPC server and re-discovered them in AX and added the points.

I still can't get data to be written out to the Boolean Writable OPC points.

I know it sounds kinda backwards but it's worth a shot. Do a forced read and see what happens.

Still no luck

I tried an Actions->Read from the right click menu on the Proxy Ext, but still no luck.

I'm now trying to put a few of the points on our R2 box to see if they work there.

Works on the R2 system

So, I went to our R2 system and created a few of the OPC points there, and low and behold the Boolean Writable points can be written from R2, but not from our G3/AX system.

Why would the older system properly write the OPC variables, but not the newer system?

Am I missing some OPC configuration parameters somewhere on the AX system?

Apparently fixed

My boss found some time to dig into this, and after trying a station restart (from Platform -> Application Director) the Boolean Writables can now be written to.

It bothers me when mysterious stuff like that happens, as I don't know what was causing the problem in the first place, but a restart fixed it.... I'll have to file a mental note on this one.