is tankless worth it for me ?

I dont have much space and i have an on demand water heater that uses my oil boiler to heat the water. I was looking at getting a water heater ( tank ) but realized i didnt have the space. I have natural gas that comes into my house for the stoves i have. I live in NYC.

My goal is to save money by having my hotwater come from a tankless system ( wall mount so lack of space is no issue).

Its costing me between 300 a month to get oil in the house and its the summer and for heating water its costing me alot.

So gentlemen shouldnt putting in a tankless unit save me money ?

Over oil, yes, should save, but will you get a reasonable return. Maybe not. IF you hav a large enough gas line, it might be worth looking at a combi boiler and get away from oil altogether.

AOSmith also has a hybrid with a small storage tank that I think only requires 100k BTU's input. You ave to be able to run a PVC pipe to a outside wall to vent these.

looks like i will have to wait

i want to get away from the oil but i dont think i have the funds right now to get the combi and have it installed. I can have the tankless installed right away.

is their a condensing combi with a small say 20 gallon tank ?

Thanks.

Having a storage tank defeats the point of a tankless unit like a Combi. The other option is using a tankless that is approved for space heating and use is with an external heat exchanger and circulation pump for the space heating. It won't last nearly as long as a full Combi unit. But I know Ranni for example is marketing their heavily for space heating and has a big online applicaiton guide showing varies diagrams of different installations.

x2

Thank you for your recommedations.

i think im going to go with this one.

http://www.rinnai.us/boilers/e110c/

now i just need to figure out how i am going to pay for it all.