Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 61
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268

    Frown

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendo View Post
    I'd suggest next time you get an infection (ear, sinus, injury etc) tell the doctor you don't want antibotics. They can't force you to take the drugs they're trying to peddle to you!!! Maybe the drugs they give us don't cure anything but for a lot of people they make life more bearable or prolong their useful life.
    I agree with you, but it's hard for many people to turn down drugs when a medical professional who is supposed to know a lot more about your health than you...is telling you that ya need these pills.

    If you go on a service call and the capacitor is blown....how many people tell you that they will just go without AC because they don't want you replacing anything?

    People don't take the time to learn how to do anything themselves anymore...they just rely on other people since there is a professional for everything....thank you free market....so we end up with professionals who are able to get over on the average person very easily.

    This is one of the right wings biggest fighting points against socialism....that under socialism everyone in the country will become lazy and stagnant and will expect everyone else to do the work for them......well we can see that happening in our economy right now in a free market....all services can and will be provided for you by someone else...as long as you have a dollar in your pocket. They don't care how you got that dollar...be it from stealing a tv...selling drugs...ripping off old people...cutting and scrapping copper...

    So it looks as if no matter which route we take people are destined to end up lazy, and dependent on everyone else.
    Last edited by AStudent; 07-04-2012 at 11:57 AM.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I will not say that alcohol is good for you but banning it did not work in Prohibition. Weed IMHO is more dangerous because it's effect on the brain causing mental illness, becoming lazy, lack of motivation to do anything except grow long hair and think you are smart because you smoke weed.

    I don't have the time to go on and on but there are web sites which explain this far better than I. You can't be good at anything while on weed. You can't study effectively or be able give you 100% on anything. Weed last a lot longer in your system than booze and adversely effects you mentally where booze doesn't.

    Alcohol is legal but everyone is not a drunk or drinks. In fact those who are alcoholics are a small minority. If weed were legal the percentage of druggies I'm sure would become a major problem overnight. A plant in Georgia made a study of the accidents caused by those who smoked MJ and found that those on weed were causing the majority of them. This was reported on 20/20 many years ago.

    The company started a mandatory drug screening program and gave those who tested positive 6 months to get clean or be fired. Most refused and lost there jobs. The company's loss due to accidents at the plant dropped and profits increased. I did not make this up just can't remember what plant and more of the details. Those on weed had rather lose their jobs than stop smoking dope. No I can never agree that weed should be legalized. Thank you, thank you very much
    You do not know what you are talking about! I also suspect you do not speak from experience!

    When comparing the two one only has to do a simple test. Consume each drug separately, alcohol and pot, in an excess amount and see which person can drive a car from point A to point B.

    An average amount of beer consumed is about two beers on an empty stomach and for pot it is about 3 – 4 hits. Now, multiply that consumption by 5 five for each person, put them behind the wheel of a car and measure the driving impairment. There is no comparison.

    Keeping pot illegal for the reasons you just stated is ridiculous. It is running us broke, looses billions of dollars of tax revenue and empowers the drug cartels all because some people have strong opinions about things they know nothing about.

    The only correct assessment you made about pot is that it is a de-motivator…but so is alcohol.

  3. #42
    Ronald Reagan Scam Artist, Convincing Poor People that Giving the Rich their Money, will somehow make them rich. lol

    1. BUILT NUKE FACILITY FOR IRAN. current problem foreseeable.
    2. Trickle Down Economics , never worked for anyone but was and is Conservative Corporatism... aka the Neo Con Godfather.
    Re created the depression to Profiteer, meaning rip off Americans, the working class.
    3. Farmed out the Auto Industry to Japan.
    4. Farmed out the Steep Industry to Asia.
    5. Farmed out the materials and products industry to collapse the Auto Industry to compete with foreign contracts he made for ongoing kickbacks to campaign fund and donations.
    6. Farmed out the Produce Industry.
    after farming out the working industries, it gave him the hero saves the day, by creating a big military due to no jobs left for Americans in these industries. Later, he used this as a means to target and help strong voter loyal groups, such as military, elderly, and christian bible belt to maintain his electability within his party, and their direction has not changes since of any of the GOP policies.
    7. Immigration Amnesty was created to pick up the labor industry that was left behind, and the service industry began for Americans, which most torch is not being carried by the lazy generations currently, due to the household does not want to do their share, until the great depression we are currently in hits home.

    Yeah, Reagan the Neo Conservative Corporatist... hired a CIA Chief to make sure nobody interfered and fired everyone who would give him trouble pre emptively.
    Bush sr, and Bush Jr expanded it all and intimidated everyone with labeling them a terrorist if they would not comply, they took it and went that far with the whole thing, including keeping the media from reporting the military crimes and war crimes from Americans until a year later.
    Scandals broke with war, and with looting which stole the credibility of the GOP.
    All this Big Govt blame game and word play or word games of the GOP is to excuse themselves from their role in Big GOVT and being held accountable.
    the people get it, thats why they lost the 08 election. the losing of the House in 2010, was only to balance the power, not to deny growth to the economy or job market to keep from giving any credit to the Pres and help Americans as a Whole.

    Reagan was caught in the Iran Contra Scandal, used fall guys, which were conditional appointments, and Bush sr and Bush Jr, did the same with giving themselves power to be abused upon the people.
    it is the GOP who has given Big Govt a bad rap and a Bad rep , only to make the people less powerful against the Red State Govt's who plan to sweep the States with Unlimited funding, and with Career Politician and to Remove the Democratic Policies that regulate the Voting Process, to accomplish that.
    It is the Role of Big Govt to Protect the People, and who do. Meanwhile the GOP continue to de regulate, and spend , gut and cut tax payers programs to say their all broke, then slush fund them too, in order to widen the gap and control the money which controls the people. talk about communism.
    we could go on and on. but the people get it. its no secret .

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodRiddenz View Post
    Ronald Reagan Scam Artist, Convincing Poor People that Giving the Rich their Money, will somehow make them rich. lol

    1. BUILT NUKE FACILITY FOR IRAN. current problem foreseeable.
    2. Trickle Down Economics , never worked for anyone but was and is Conservative Corporatism... aka the Neo Con Godfather.
    Re created the depression to Profiteer, meaning rip off Americans, the working class.
    3. Farmed out the Auto Industry to Japan.
    4. Farmed out the Steep Industry to Asia.
    5. Farmed out the materials and products industry to collapse the Auto Industry to compete with foreign contracts he made for ongoing kickbacks to campaign fund and donations.
    6. Farmed out the Produce Industry.
    after farming out the working industries, it gave him the hero saves the day, by creating a big military due to no jobs left for Americans in these industries. Later, he used this as a means to target and help strong voter loyal groups, such as military, elderly, and christian bible belt to maintain his electability within his party, and their direction has not changes since of any of the GOP policies.
    7. Immigration Amnesty was created to pick up the labor industry that was left behind, and the service industry began for Americans, which most torch is not being carried by the lazy generations currently, due to the household does not want to do their share, until the great depression we are currently in hits home.

    Yeah, Reagan the Neo Conservative Corporatist... hired a CIA Chief to make sure nobody interfered and fired everyone who would give him trouble pre emptively.
    Bush sr, and Bush Jr expanded it all and intimidated everyone with labeling them a terrorist if they would not comply, they took it and went that far with the whole thing, including keeping the media from reporting the military crimes and war crimes from Americans until a year later.
    Scandals broke with war, and with looting which stole the credibility of the GOP.
    All this Big Govt blame game and word play or word games of the GOP is to excuse themselves from their role in Big GOVT and being held accountable.
    the people get it, thats why they lost the 08 election. the losing of the House in 2010, was only to balance the power, not to deny growth to the economy or job market to keep from giving any credit to the Pres and help Americans as a Whole.

    Reagan was caught in the Iran Contra Scandal, used fall guys, which were conditional appointments, and Bush sr and Bush Jr, did the same with giving themselves power to be abused upon the people.
    it is the GOP who has given Big Govt a bad rap and a Bad rep , only to make the people less powerful against the Red State Govt's who plan to sweep the States with Unlimited funding, and with Career Politician and to Remove the Democratic Policies that regulate the Voting Process, to accomplish that.
    It is the Role of Big Govt to Protect the People, and who do. Meanwhile the GOP continue to de regulate, and spend , gut and cut tax payers programs to say their all broke, then slush fund them too, in order to widen the gap and control the money which controls the people. talk about communism.
    we could go on and on. but the people get it. its no secret .
    This post is either supposed to be satire or it is completely ridiculous. Either way..lol

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,579
    Opinionated but factually correct.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Opinionated but factually correct.
    Where are his links to the far left web sites to back up his assertions.


    Also he mentioned trickle down economics.

    Obama used trickle down when redistributing the stimulus money to unions.

    And Iran is currently building nuclear weapons. What are the leftist doing about it ?

    The American Auto industry lost it's way due to unions and low quality workmanship. I wonder if the delusional leftist that wrote that post remembers the Chrysler K Car.

    Japan just made better automobiles. People were given a choice to buy crap American cars or Japanese cars that would actually last more than 3 years


    The fact that he blames the President shows the depths of his illness.

    He brings up Iran Contra but ignores Fast and Furious ?? Typical.


    Immigration amnesty was a deal made with the kooky Democrats to enforce the borders. They didn't hold up their end of the bargain.


    His lies and distortions don't speak to the effectiveness or lack of effectiveness of today's current administration.

    Care to post Obama's victories ????

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,579
    Where are the links to the wingnut web sites to disprove these facts? I thought this thread was about Raygun not Obama. You seem to have quite a fixation concerning our current president not to mention a few blind spots concerning previous ones.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Where are the links to the wingnut web sites to disprove these facts?.
    Where are the facts to prove you are not a child molester?

    Liberal arguments are so weak.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Where are the facts to prove you are not a child molester?

    Liberal arguments are so weak.
    A conservative started the whole thing about providing links...why are you not criticizing him?

    It's terrible that we are so divided in a supposed United States of America...no wonder everything is going to crap.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    A conservative started the whole thing about providing links...why are you not criticizing him?

    It's terrible that we are so divided in a supposed United States of America...no wonder everything is going to crap.
    Providing a link to an assertion in the affirmative is different than saying someone should prove a negative.

    In other words it is impossible to post a link proving something does not exist.

    We are divided because on the right we feel like we are on constant defense from leftists who would love nothing more than to throw supreme control to central planners who know better than the rest of us how to spend our money and run our lives.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Providing a link to an assertion in the affirmative is different than saying someone should prove a negative.

    In other words it is impossible to post a link proving something does not exist.

    We are divided because on the right we feel like we are on constant defense from leftists who would love nothing more than to throw supreme control to central planners who know better than the rest of us how to spend our money and run our lives.
    So you are telling me that there is an issue with the people of the United States of America not being able to agree with one another?

    The last time I checked we the people are the bosses of government, well there is almost always a closing of business or at least a huge downfall when your boss can't decide what to do and is constantly picking fights with all the other bosses.

    Why can't we meet in the middle instead of being extreme on either side?

    Extremism of all forms has historically been a bad thing....Salem witch trials...the holocaust....the crusades...the Berlin wall....Westboro baptist church...I could go on and on but I hope we all get the point.

    Fighting each other will only end badly and will accomplish nothing. Until we start thinking of ourselves as united, we will have the same government...the same backwards country...and the same BS over and over.

    So terms like leftist, right wingnut, conservative, liberal, are only words of division...meant to keep us confused and arguing while someone takes advantage of us. I've been guilty of using terms like these...but only after I became a member of this forum.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,298
    There is no meeting in the middle anymore. This administration has stated publicly that it wants to fundamentally transform America.

    The health care law was the worst piece of legislation in our Countries history that if left stand will have long lasting negative effects.

    It was strong armed through by the left when they had a majority in Congress.

    When the left puts up an empty suite with a radical agenda and half a brain to meet in middle is impossible.

    You dont tell Americans who respect and love their Country to compromise with a President who at his core cant stand the Country hes supposed to represent.

    We cant be expected to meet in the middle with a guy that sat in front of a hate filled racist pastor for over 20 years and called that worshipping god.

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,579
    Trying to provide better health care will be the downfall of the US. Interesting idea, but other than the rw propaganda could someone explain just how this will lead to the ruination of all we love and hold dear. Most other civilized countries have adopted programs to assure the health of their people since it is in everyones best interest. I find it odd that folks think that our current system is doing so well when the statistics prove otherwise. I don't think links are necessary to prove this point since it is common knowledge that the US ranks pretty low in comparison to other first world nations, I still say there are some who have an unnatural fixation on this current president and would suspect him of evil doing even if he found the cure for cancer. There is no pleasing people who are not willing to discuss and compromise for the betterment of all rather than some ideological pie in the sky vision of the rugged individual. i am truly sorry for those people since the utopia they desire resembles a dog eat dog world where it is every man for himself and the hell with the common good.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event