Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Geery if you have issues with my facts then submit a legitimate rebutal.

Anything else is just a pathetic attempt at relevance by you and people like you.

You dig yourself into a a deeper hole everytime you post your leftist jibberish.

So again are they lies our are they true and feel free to post any of the accoplishments of our current President.

Post how his plans on raising taxs on the middle class and small bussiness is going to raise revenue ?
    I assume you are not aware of the meaning of the phrase cherry-picking or that you are engaging in this deceptive act.

No doubt a Fox viewer.

BTW-Are you aware that you inferred that wiki was not, in your own words, "legitimate and objective" yet you copped stats from wiki as a source for your post about Reagan?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    I assume you are not aware of the meaning of the phrase cherry-picking or that you are engaging in this deceptive act.

No doubt a Fox viewer.

BTW-Are you aware that you inferred that wiki was not, in your own words, "legitimate and objective" yet you copped stats from wiki as a source for your post about Reagan?
    Geery do you own a whole bunch of cats ?? I ask because a recent study in Finland found that people that horde felines are more succeptible to the disease TOXOPLASMOSIS.

It is a nasty little parasite that lives in the brains of its host snd is contracted from coming into contact with feline fecal material.

Symptoms include confusion..( hint, hint ) , delusions ( hint, hint , hint ) ....and liberalism.

Ok I made the last bit up but it makes sense right ? Right ?

Now to your desperate assertion that Im "cherry picking " facts from Reagans administration to make him into something he's not.

I am listing FACTS. Now I realise facts are a liberals worst nightmare but they they are. Proof that the tax and spend policy of your current President is an exercise in stupidity and incompetence.

Your attempt at playing the "gotcha " game with me over Wiki is a bad idea. You're not smart enough and I pretty much know what you're going to say before you show up here with your talking points.

If somwthing I posted is also on Wiki that doesnt prove its false. If your saying its false then prove it.

I mean if. thats all you have in your quiver is "faux news " nonsense then I feel sorry for you.

Maybe in response you could "cherry pick" some accomplishments of our current President to prove how much better he is than Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    You're not going to stop the losers from ruining their lives.

?
    I know enough MBA's, PhD's, business owners, teachers, doctors etc that smoke a little pot to know the "ruining their life" statement is hogwash. This sort of ignorant perception will continue to set us back.

This isn't the sort of approach we need to take when we educate youngsters either because they try it and find out much the propaganda they are hyped up on is not entirely true.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    You do know that his profession was acting

Roy
    yeah, and?...He probably made a lot more money acting..so what?

Let me guess, he was part of some fantastic conspiracy...yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ1534 View Post
    I know enough MBA's, PhD's, business owners, teachers, doctors etc that smoke a little pot to know the "ruining their life" statement is hogwash. This sort of ignorant perception will continue to set us back.

This isn't the sort of approach we need to take when we educate youngsters either because they try it and find out much the propaganda they are hyped up on is not entirely true.
    Pot is stupid.

Google "the benefits of crack" you'll probably find some good reasons to use it.

Having said that, it should be legal for people to be idiots if they want to.

I have seen many more lives ruined, I didn't mean to discount a policy entirely. I don't know what the answer is. Its tough for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Pot is stupid.

Google "the benefits of crack" you'll probably find some good reasons to use it.

Having said that, it should be legal for people to be idiots if they want to.
    I'm not saying I condone it. I'm saying the perception some people have is a little outrageous and current policy is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    You won't

I know enough MBAs, PhD, business owners, teachers, doctors etc that smoke a little pot to know the "ruining their life" statement is hogwash. This sort of ignorant perception will continue to set us back.

Apparently you have yet to understand that the stuff is crap. It is expensive harms your brain, etc. The younger you start taking it the risk is greatly increased of having mental problems with a life long dependency on antidepressants, bi polar, etc. Everyone I know who is bi polar has taken illegal drugs.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to take the crap. And if you get caught you pay big time. There are studies after studies showing this look them up if you want to learn the truth. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. That is how I feel about druggies. I am in favor however of making the penalties for using more like a traffic ticket. But never allow that **** to be made legal. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Apparently you have yet to understand that the stuff is crap. It is expensive harms your brain, etc. The younger you start taking it the risk is greatly increased of having mental problems with a life long dependency on antidepressants, bi polar, etc. Everyone I know who is bi polar has taken illegal drugs.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to take the crap. And if you get caught you pay big time. There are studies after studies showing this look them up if you want to learn the truth. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. That is how I feel about druggies. I am in favor however of making the penalties for using more like a traffic ticket. But never allow that **** to be made legal. Thank you, thank you very much
    The same could be said about the drugs our doctors give us....with the mile long list of side affects, while not curing but treating one thing.

Many doctors are nothing but legalized drug dealers...and while we are throwing kids in prison over marijuana, the real fight is at the pharmaceutical companies front doorstep.

What a waste of lives, and money....chasing a drug that will destroy your mind...while allowing our doctors to kill us slowly with fifteen pills a day....but ya know what? It's all ok because that's the free market at work...and that's what we want in America right?

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

The same could be said about alcohol, matter of fact alcohol is much more dangerous then canabis ever will be. Its all about moderation. Are you aware that canabis oil can cure certain cancers, are you aware that the reason canabis is illegal, is not because its dangerous, its because someone didnt like the competition it provided against wood products (paper).

Also I see nothing in our constitution that gives goverment the right to tell me what I can put in my body. The war on drugs has caused more harm then it will ever prevent, but its good business so we keep declaring war on our own people, and its one of the main reason why I decided against a law enforcement profession as a young man.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    The same could be said about alcohol, matter of fact alcohol is much more dangerous then canabis ever will be. Its all about moderation. Are you aware that canabis oil can cure certain cancers, are you aware that the reason canabis is illegal, is not because its dangerous, its because someone didnt like the competition it provided against wood products (paper).

Also I see nothing in our constitution that gives goverment the right to tell me what I can put in my body. The war on drugs has caused more harm then it will ever prevent, but its good business so we keep declaring war on our own people, and its one of the main reason why I decided against a law enforcement profession as a young man.

Roy

I will not say that alcohol is good for you but banning it did not work in Prohibition. Weed IMHO is more dangerous because it's effect on the brain causing mental illness, becoming lazy, lack of motivation to do anything except grow long hair and think you are smart because you smoke weed.

I don't have the time to go on and on but there are web sites which explain this far better than I. You can't be good at anything while on weed. You can't study effectively or be able give you 100% on anything. Weed last a lot longer in your system than booze and adversly effects you mentally where booze doesn't.

Alcohol is legal but everyone is not a drunk or drinks. In fact those who are alcoholics are a small minority. If weed were legal the percentage of druggies I'm sure would become a major problem overnight. A plant in Georgia made a study of the accidents caused by those who smoked MJ and found that those on weed were causing the majority of them. This was reported on 20/20 many years ago.

The company started a mandatory drug screening program and gave those who tested positive 6 months to get clean or be fired. Most refused and lost there jobs. The company's loss due to accidents at the plant dropped and profits increased. I did not make this up just can't remember what plant and more of the details. Those on weed had rather lose their jobs than stop smoking dope. No I can never agree that weed should be legalized. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    The same could be said about the drugs our doctors give us....with the mile long list of side affects, while not curing but treating one thing.

Many doctors are nothing but legalized drug dealers...and while we are throwing kids in prison over marijuana, the real fight is at the pharmaceutical companies front doorstep.

What a waste of lives, and money....chasing a drug that will destroy your mind...while allowing our doctors to kill us slowly with fifteen pills a day....but ya know what? It's all ok because that's the free market at work...and that's what we want in America right?
    I'd suggest next time you get an infection (ear, sinus, injury etc) tell the doctor you don't want antibotics. They can't force you to take the drugs they're trying to peddle to you!!! Maybe the drugs they give us don't cure anything but for a lot of people they make life more bearable or prolong their useful life.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast