Setting up of Low pressure controls

Hey guys,

Still waiting for approval of pro membership and checking my email pretty much by the hour as Im beyond stoked to dig my teeth into the vast amount of educational resources available here.

UNTIL then however, Im interested in learning more about low pressure controls as well as the setting up of them. The hint I have been given is to ask about the "ten and ten" rule.

I've been burying my nose in a bunch of S.A.M's available to members on the RSES website- simply amazing resources, but alas, hard to find some stuff on low pressure controls.

Hi bklyntek, adjusting LP controls can be done with a nitrogen tk. & regulator, hook up to your charging hose. Reduce pressure feed to an acceptable level comparable to the pressure you want to control. Pressurize through the low side up to the cut in pressure and then bleed off pressure and set your cut out pressure. Depending on the actual application, you can set pressures to maintain box temps. Or as A traditional safety device. Hope this helps you out.

Its application dependent. Whats are you trying to control ?

hey guys,

More for cool/freezer type applications and primarily for temperature control (for example in a beer cooler so as to prevent short cycling due to regular door openings, as would be the case from thermostat control).

Im pretty good as far as choosing your cut in pressure based on whatever the appropriate one is according to the desired SST of your evap (taking it off of your PT chart) but Ive heard some talk of using the "ten and ten" rule. Wondering what this is all about.