I know my rights!

Air, water, food, clothing, shelter, health care. Since these are the basic necessities of life, these are our undeniable human rights. Duh!

Why the heck aren't they in the Constitution?

Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

There are a few issues with that video.

He says if I smoke 2 packs a day...weigh 600 pounds...ride a motorcycle without a helmet that it is none of his business....well actually yes it is. If I have health insurance...and he has health insurance...he is paying for my health insurance because I use it more than he does.....not to mention if I'm that unhealthy...I'm probably not working as hard as he is, meaning he is picking up my slack.

If I don't have insurance...I am that unhealthy...and have to go to the hospital, I probably don't have the money to pay out of pocket...so guess who is picking up the tab? The man who says that my life is none of his damn business.

Maybe healthcare is not a "right" but the government does have the "right" to do something about healthcare when medical bankruptcies become an issue like they are right now.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

gen·er·al   [jen-er-uhl] Show IPA
    adjective
    of or pertaining to all persons or things belonging to a group or category: a general meeting of the employees.
    of, pertaining to, or true of such persons or things in the main, with possible exceptions; common to most; prevalent; usual: the general mood of the people.
    not limited to one class, field, product, service, etc.; miscellaneous: the general public; general science.
    considering or dealing with overall characteristics, universal aspects, or important elements, especially without considering all details or specific aspects: general instructions; a general description; a general resemblance one to another.
    not specific or definite: I could give them only a general idea of what was going on.

wel·fare   [wel-fair] Show IPA
    noun
    the good fortune, health, happiness, prosperity, etc., of a person, group, or organization; well-being: to look after a child's welfare; the physical or moral welfare of society.
    welfare work.
    financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government: Thousands of jobless people in this city would starve if it weren't for welfare.
    ( initial capital letter ) Informal . a governmental agency that provides funds and aid to people in need, especially those unable to work.
    Idiom
    on welfare, receiving financial aid from the government or from a private organization because of hardship and need.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

How do you measure a society, is it by how strong the strongest is or how it supports its weakest?

I don't believe that anything but the most basic of care is a "right", in the context of things such as the right to vote and practice religion. I do believe that it's a privilege of living in a wealthy, supposedly civilized nation. I believe that we should be able to craft a universal system that provides some security for all citizens (not necessarily illegals and their anchor babies), with sensible regulation that prevents private business from taking advantage of people. People's lives and health care shouldn't take a back seat to profits and stockholders. Even in a supposedly "free market", this shouldn't happen.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    How do you measure a society, is it by how strong the strongest is or how it supports its weakest?
    Society is measured by how it treats it's weakest and poorest.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson