WOW this so stupid

I just replaced two compressors on a 40 ton Trane rooftop unit. wired it up and when i turned the breaker for "c" compressor, which is one of the two i replaced ( c & d), "C" compressor runs for about30 to 50 secs. then shuts off. Outside air temp is about 80f and this is stage two should be running... I dont have good shematics and we're running Johnson Controls. Stage 1 &4 run great on the other side of the unit, but according to he diagram, A & C should be on afterA M/n # is RAUCC40EBX what's keeping the unit from running normally? I charged the unit with appropriate charge of r22? Hep Meh Pleeze.

Do you have guages on it ? Sounds like its pumping down and shutting off on LP or even tripping on HP.

Do you have low voltage inputs from the EMS ?

Prints or no prints if your changing comps on that unit you should be qualified to troubleshoot a basic compressor circuit.

If you didnt change the drier it could be plugged or the power cap might be bad so its pumping down.

Also OAT doesnt dictate capacity. You need to check inputs to unit from building ems.

Moved to Tech to Tech.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Is this one of the units.where the HP switch is on an angle valve that needs to stay a crack open? I've seen that happen a lot where people close that valve and this happens.

Are you sure there is a call for the compressor? What are the amp draws and the pressures. I just replaced the same two compressors on a 40 ton RAUCC. Had to drain off some of the oil after startup. Did you check rotation of that compressor?

What caused the compressor to fail? what is causing the compressor to shut off? Simple diagnostics to figure out why the compressor is shutting off.

Thumbs up Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by ruuufuhbock View Post
    Is this one of the units.where the HP switch is on an angle valve that needs to stay a crack open? I've seen that happen a lot where people close that valve and this happens.
    Sorry I havent been back on this site for a while to reply, I've been extra busy since the passing of a co-worker recently. But after I posted the thread, I went back up to check it out further and I found I had accidentally back seated this valve all the way which caused the problem you mention here. I was sure i had left it a crack open but hadn't. At least I found it right away and went on to finish the job and all is well.

Wow I finally got one!!! Lol bottoms up tonight!!

COMPRESSORS

FIRST STAGE IS A AT 25%, THEN A +,C AT 50%,A,C,D AT 75%,B COMPRESSOR IS THE FINAL 4TH STAGE ABC+D=100%.NO CONTROLS

Wow I finally got one!!! Lol bottoms up tonight!!
    About time!

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    About time!
    I might even have a tee shirt made to mark the occasion!

I might even have a tee shirt made to mark the occasion!
    Just make sure when your infront of the customer....you're in proper uniform.

I'll wear it underneath the collared shirt at all times like superman