Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Will a true "TRANE" controls guy please stand up?

I need help. I work for a school that just installed 40+ trane roof top units 3 &1/2ton to 35ton, and a trane tracker system, "TRACKER" NOT "TRACER". The learnig curve on this thing is crazy. Our sales guy is moderately knowledgeable about the sysytem, and has showed me the basics as far as operation, I've also learned a few things on my own. I've even trouble shot two units with the rover tool. The sales guy is not a technition, so a lot of the small intricacies of the system either escape him, or he's just playing stupid so I can look like a moron in front of the Bosses. I can not figure out for the life of me how to put the units into unoccupied mode. It's summer and I want to shut the units off to save energy and the units life cycles. The sales guy tells me the only way to do this is to make an exception, and put the units in it, ( I CALL BULL$#!%). I have set the first start time to 7:00 and the stop time to 7:05, as a way of backdooring the schedule, but the damn units still say occupied. I even tried to set both the heating & cooling set points to the extremes i.e. 55 heat and 90 cooling, it gives me other values and tells me select a number between blahh & blahh. I unchecked the start & stop times, but that just makes the damn units run 24/7. I need help, and as we know Trane controls will not talk to you unless you have a sales guy call them for you. The next class Trane offers on this system is in October. Please help....... (Why didn't they just install Carrier i-Vu like in the other building? It's so much more user friendly, and it does way more!)

If they just installed them why don't you call them and tell them its not working the way you expect it. Tell them to fix the schedule. so you have Occ and Unocc times.

call and break their XXXX the squeaky wheel gets the oil

They have been out several times, but I need to learn it my self, having to wait two or three days for the sales guy to come out is a pain in the @$$. The installers don't know too much more than what I've learned.

Trane has to do everything different and as complicated as possible so only there special trained techs can handle the problem. I got into replacing an old Trane HP and coil on a dual fuel system. Left the old furnace in place.

You could not believe the nest of wires they had running form their thermostat to their control panel next to the furnace. Had to replace the Trane thermostat and rewire it all from scratch but the Trane furnace was also squirrelly too. Didn't want anyone else to work on their system. They do that on purpose. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Thread relocated to the "Controls" forum....

Are you using the Tracker software or trying to do it from the touch screen?

You want to talk with ACDDC.

Tracker software v12, latest service packs. Should I go to the touch screens themselves?

Who gets me in contact with ACDDC? Do I have to do the usual, call trane and ask for the conference call?

Contact

Quote Originally Posted by lilblew View Post
    Who gets me in contact with ACDDC?
    I'm pretty sure they mean for you to contact the user ACDDC here on hvac-talk:
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/member.php?u=5303

Got it! Thank you all.

VAV system or SCC?
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Trane is like the CIA of the HVAC world; They will only tell you so much (vague) information.

I called them up one day trying to get information about why our Tracer summit is kicking one of our chillers offline. The Manager of the controls dept was cool, but then I got in touch with one of the lead techs of the control dept. and he was asking me why I needed him to print off the objects on the tracer summit and what all information I was needing, why i needed more info and points off the tracer summit, what I was going to do with the info he pulled for me, etc etc. It was like I was dabling in the "Top Secret" world of Trane and how dare I.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast