Inspection Scheduling

I had a customer get upset because he, or his tenant, had to be home to let the inspector in. He basically tried to make me feel like an a$$hole me for not coming out and waiting for the inspector all day. I tried to explain to him that if we had to do that on every job there would have to be 3 guys on staff just to wait around and let inspectors into customers homes all day every day and that you get 1 year to make time in your schedule to merely open the door for the inspector. Question #1 How do you guys coordinate inspections? Question #2 Have you ever had a customer get upset over this?
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Never had a customer get upset. They actually like it.

Final inspection is at the customer's availability and responsibility. Usually it is NOT an all day thing, there is a time window given.

Really, they can't find one day to play hooky!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Customers schedule the inspection. It would be too much of a headache with their, the city and your schedule.

Customers schedule the inspection here too. Used to be we called in a couple hours before ready to leave the job but they will only take the call from the home owner now.