Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midland texas
    Posts
    5

    tropical region jobs?

    I am a 12 year hvacr tech with an associates in applied science HVACR degree. The wife and I are ready to sell are home and relocate somewhere nice such as any warm pretty beach front areas. USA or overseas any suggested sights I could search for employment? opp

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,024
    you also need to remember that if you go the a 3rd world country tradesmen is treated like dirt bag. you're labour is worthless, unless you get in with big international company like trane or snc lavalin or something of that nature.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midland texas
    Posts
    5
    That's something to think about for sure. I'm good with the states or virgin island just tired of the dessert

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    you also need to remember that if you go the a 3rd world country tradesmen is treated like dirt bag. you're labour is worthless, unless you get in with big international company like trane or snc lavalin or something of that nature.

    haha, tradesmen are treated like dirt everywhere, even Canada. I know a phenomenal chiller mechanic who tells people hes in the insurance biz when asked what he does for a living. The construction side of trades get the worst of it, service is a little more respected.

    I also contemplated on moving somewhere warm, I may revisit that plan soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmech View Post
    haha, tradesmen are treated like dirt everywhere, even Canada. I know a phenomenal chiller mechanic who tells people hes in the insurance biz when asked what he does for a living. The construction side of trades get the worst of it, service is a little more respected.

    I also contemplated on moving somewhere warm, I may revisit that plan soon.
    I don't mind moving to AZ or TX or FL or CA or SC or TN or AB/SK, but both are very cold in the winter
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,171
    You should look at Western Australia, and still booming, so workers are always required and pay is also big.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    You should look at Western Australia, and still booming, so workers are always required and pay is also big.
    and be a bogan? hahaha
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midland texas
    Posts
    5
    Any idea where to look for a listing of jobs in western Australia? I can do low temp Refrigeration to light commercial to heavy commercial.also any brand of ice machine. I hate residential did it for too many years and is a bore but will do to get my foot in the door

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midland texas
    Posts
    5
    That is residential hvac but enjoy light to heavy commercial hvac

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy39 View Post
    Any idea where to look for a listing of jobs in western Australia? I can do low temp Refrigeration to light commercial to heavy commercial.also any brand of ice machine. I hate residential did it for too many years and is a bore but will do to get my foot in the door
    Try this

    http://www.seek.com.au/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    My buddy is looking for good techs in Cayman. PM me if you want details and contact info.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I don't mind moving to AZ or TX or FL or CA or SC or TN or AB/SK, but both are very cold in the winter
    I was considering somewhere in the Caribbean. In Canada I would go to the Whistler region or other nice areas in BC and that is all, otherwise I'm staying put in good ol Ontario.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    southren Ontario
    Posts
    78
    Cool-in-Caymen. I seem unable to PM you. Would you please send me the info you were referring too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event