Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TriplePoint View Post
    Mine came in and I cant wait to try it out. It seems well built but only time will tell. The paradigm manifold has caught my eye. Until then this manifold will have to do.

sent from my DUMB-PHONE
    Sounds fun, definitely give some on the job first impressions and feedback. I think the 2 valve paradigm manifold looks like an innovative design but they would need to make the handles pretty tight to avoid accidental bump openings, which they could afford to do because you only have to turn it a quarter turn. I've read some other threads on here dating back at least two years so I wouldn't get my hopes up on when the manifold will actually be released.

My manifold leaked good until i cranked down on her. Manual says dont use excessive force tightning but it sure felt excessive getting her to stop. Either way I am liking it so far.

sent from my DUMB-PHONE

I love the manifold its way better than my old yellow jacket.

EPA 608 certified: Universal

So far I'm liking it more than the YJ41 i was using before.

Sightglass is a nice feature when recovering so you know when to switch from liquid to vapor.

The ball valves don't seem to become hard to turn when under high pressure, unlike the sherman's, and they throttle quite nice with the ball valves and only taking a 1/4 turn till fully open is a nice feature.

Still waiting for the Paradigm's to come out but i consider this an upgrade from my YJ41's.

So far no problems whatsoever from the manifold or head.

Just got ak900 couple day ago too, was leaking so bad too , and putting sensor on the pipe was some work,but can't complain for the price ,overall very please with the product , going to mod the sensor pretty soon

Maybe it's like tightening the nut on a humidifier, you leave it loose enough to leak and then tighten until it doesn't so you don't go too far : ). Either way I'll take some tightening for a great product, any comparisons of pros and cons to your current drsa?

I am asking this question cause it seems like thier is atleast 3 new DC customers posting hear.

Can anyone give a (sort of) step by step of how you would use the digi-cool on a resi split to get the Numbers you need? I am trying to see how investing in one would be faster then my current setup? Analog gauges and cooper 2 channel Temp Meter?

I would think I could connect my 4 connections as fast as a DC customer could?
    So what makes this thing better?

What am I missing or am failing to see?

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Maybe it's like tightening the nut on a humidifier, you leave it loose enough to leak and then tighten until it doesn't so you don't go too far : ). Either way I'll take some tightening for a great product, any comparisons of pros and cons to your current drsa?
    Its water Proof and the Fieldpiece Sman3 is not

old school, i doubt your as old as me, i have seen the kids show up with all the other digital gages and waited to hear the horror stories of problems, digi is good to go! i have 3. i also like all the appion stuff, bluvac, and very little else,,,

Have had the ak900 for two weeks now. I'm liking them a lot. Had to tight between the manifold and head on high side about a 1/8 of a turn to keep from leaking but no big deal. Mine came with the stretch Velcro sensor, I like everything about the sensors except having to use two hands to get Velcro tight and it's tough in tight spaces, I found a super easy and cheap way to convert the Velcro to a bar clamp that works great. Started a thread on the conversion if anyone's interested.

The final pic here isn't the finished product but you get the idea.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345868836.249812.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  54.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345868856.331347.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  48.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    I am asking this question cause it seems like thier is atleast 3 new DC customers posting hear.

Can anyone give a (sort of) step by step of how you would use the digi-cool on a resi split to get the Numbers you need? I am trying to see how investing in one would be faster then my current setup? Analog gauges and cooper 2 channel Temp Meter?

Its cheaper than analog, because they stay accurate and are more durable. You can read them in low light situations. Instantly know what your sat temps are without having to look at the small numbers in the "green" or "pink". Hose parks in front are super easy to use. Hold feature for writing down system pressures/temps. All on one screen.... Looks more professional. Saves time on pressure tests because it can read in tenths... you know fairly quick if you have a leak. I'm probably missing something... They fit nice in my hand lol... can you tell I Love my AK900??????????

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post

Connect hoses as normal.

Connect sensor set to manifold. (DO NOT LEAVE IT CONNECTED BETWEEN CALLS!)

Connect sensors to lines.

Read pressures, saturation temps, SH/SC and line temps off of display. If it is too dark to read, activate backlight and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Connect hoses as normal.

Connect sensor set to manifold. (DO NOT LEAVE IT CONNECTED BETWEEN CALLS!)

Connect sensors to lines.

Read pressures, saturation temps, SH/SC and line temps off of display. If it is too dark to read, activate backlight and repeat.
    Don't leave sensors connected because it pulls on the wire? Or is there another reason?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast