+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DOA scroll

Post Likes

DOA scroll

im wanting to know what, specifically, is going on inside this compressor...if anyone has cut one open because of this, it would be great!

brand new 3 ton hp would not cool... i had 13 degrees sc ,10 degrees sh, 95degreodt, 84 idt, 4.12 delta ht, 11 degree delta t.
    1165 cfm
    ok, so this sucker racked my brain. i came upon the conclusion of an inefficient compressor bc i only had a 5.5amp draw and my hi side pres was a little low...the biggest thing was mycoil would NOT freeze, even with the fan off.

and yes i did check the rv to make sure it wasnt being recirculated

so what is going on inside the compressor? scroll plates not flat against each other?

Post Likes
    What were the low side and high side pressures? 410a or r22? how is the ducting static pressures?
    Living the dream !!

Post Likes
    The static was .63, I measured actual airflow

It was 410a. It was about 145 low and 345 hi

Post Likes
    Interesting.. about 2.5 compression ratio... hard to disagree with you..I would like to know what you find inside the compressor also...Any other diagnosis is simply over my current pay grade!!! Good Job
    Living the dream !!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in