Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ jobs?

AZ jobs?

So I'm fresh out of Hvac-R school (April 9Th) and i have been applying to every single company who's number i can find and haven't had any luck yet. dose anyone know of any were that's hiring fresh out of school with no other experience? I'm really in a jam here i only have about a month were im working now before they fire me :/ thanks

Why are they firing you?

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Why are they firing you?
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

I currently work as a personal care provider for special needs and its family and another family member wants to take over and they said thats how long they will give me to find another job. So that's why

That's more like being laid off then fired.

So you have no experience? And there are no companies looking for helpers or anything.

Have you looked on Craigslist?

Ya I guess it is more like geting laid off. Ya i checked craigslist didnt find anything. Only experience I have is from school.

try www.thebluebook.com type in...airconditioning ...pick state, hit search... then hit contractors... for websites and phone numbers...
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Have you looked into the Union contractors? There's a shortage of Service Apprentices in AZ.

you should always apply for the union first, then apply again next year when they don't hire you

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmutt View Post
    So I'm fresh out of Hvac-R school (April 9Th) and i have been applying to every single company who's number i can find and haven't had any luck yet. dose anyone know of any were that's hiring fresh out of school with no other experience? I'm really in a jam here i only have about a month were im working now before they fire me :/ thanks
    Go to the parts houses and check the bulletin board . pick up the hvacr news paper and check the last page for job openings .

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    you should always apply for the union first, then apply again next year when they don't hire you
    Don't listen to this type of nonsense, it's just discouragement. If you're serious there's between 8 to 10 locally owned UA signatory shops here in Tucson. I happen to know of 3 that are hiring for Service Apprentices. Remember this is a R-T-W state, which means the shop can hire you before you join the UA Local. If you can get in this way, you'd be in a better place starting than most of these non-union guys were with 5 years in. Also, not 1 Service-HVACR guy is sitting on the bench, from Service Apprentice to Applied Service Jm.

I got hired on about a month ago with a small Resi company here in Tucson. Right now I do duct cleans, help with installs, run parts, break down torn out units. I'm working 11-14 hours a day, getting paid on a daily salary. No kind of benefits, not even a cell phone. The only good I can see is I'm getting hands on experience. Right now a service tech apprenticeship sounds pretty good! Where do I apply?!

Call all the listed contractors on the Local 469 site. F.Y.I. Advanced Control & Centerline also have shops in Tucson. If you stay where you're at, $15/Hr. in five years is a stretch. A UA HVACR Service Tech Apprentice starts at $14.85/Hr. here in Tucson. Don't rest on your laurels even after becoming a Union member, be inquisitive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast