Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have any of you guys notice that the bottles the supply houes are carrying are smaller? Just bought a new exspesive one when i was in a pinch and it had less refer in it then the bottles from last season. Not only has the price gone up but the bottles have less in them.

Thats crazy thats the fan blade came off on a new unit. Thats cause she didn't have time to rust so she would stay on.

I think the unit was made a day before a holiday or on a Friday.

Can't tell from the picture, but it seems Mr.York will be buying a microchannel coil also!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by NathanAZ View Post
    same with AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Have any of you guys notice that the bottles the supply houes are carrying are smaller? Just bought a new exspesive one when i was in a pinch and it had less refer in it then the bottles from last season. Not only has the price gone up but the bottles have less in them.

Thats crazy thats the fan blade came off on a new unit. Thats cause she didn't have time to rust so she would stay on.
    Weird my jugs are still 30 pounds just the priced doubled for a jug

Lost the point here! Factory can not be expected to do their job. Set screws nuts,bolts etc, All must be checked before startup,ALL! I can't say I havent been lazy and not checked in my old days but listen to this. Large manufacturing plant, 16 20t rtu's-14 3to 10t rtu's 3 splits. My startup sheets specify set screws tight.Sheets read all setsrews tight. Had to go out after several no cooling/aiflow calls and meet plant managment,walk the equipment- and fan blades are off,set screws are missing,keys are missing,sheaves are spun shut, shafts are cut, on and on . The moral of the story is: The person who doesn't check those set screws-walks (and he did).
    Damn phosgene

R-22 Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by SFhvacguy View Post
    R22 is insanely expensive in California right now
    R-22 Goes for $45-90 here in San Antonio TX
    How much in Cali?

Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Lost the point here! Factory can not be expected to do their job. Set screws nuts,bolts etc, All must be checked before startup,ALL!
    In another lifetime, when I worked in the Oil Field....

we had a startup on a big Waukesha natural gas compressor.
    It was driven by a caterpillar engine with a 7' solid aluminum fan blade on the front. About 5 mins. after the mechanic and I fired it up, the fan blade walked off the shaft.

I happened to be standing on the side of the engine when a section of the fan came flying through the 1/4 plate housing on the radiator just in front of me.

We both had the shakes for awhile after that....
    Never ass u me...
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by KCJN832 View Post
    R-22 Goes for $45-90 here in San Antonio TX
    How much in Cali?
    What is your suppliers address, I have several tractor trailers headed your way.

Back to topic: When I have to recheck all the bolts and nuts on a certain brand from the factory, its time to rethink what I am selling/buying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12