Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High suction?

The lines that were their we're three quarter and three eights. My condenser size was five eights so I ended up makeing all my custom bends with five eights about three feet or so then slipping the five to the three quarter. Coil was three quarter so I just left that all three quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Nope.

It sounds as if your compressor is inefficient.
    The compressor is brand new. High efffecent with the big coils.

sounds like compressor valves make sure service vales are opened all the way and your gauge set manifold valves are closed

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Given the info you've provided, I'd look at the compressor valves.
    Yeah I think you are right, just got off the phone with a friend from Arizona. He suggests I put a hard start kit on the condenser. He thinks that the compressor is not giving the txv enough boost to open. He had that problem with carrier coils it would give him weird pressures as well. Sometimes the unit just needs a little extra boost, to open it up. And I'm making problems that aren't their. Ie. ( o their moisture in the system. ect..)

Sometimes I just over think things, and make it harder than it really is. I don't have a long enough service background. Mostly just installs, so when a problem occurs I freak. Like I don't know what the f I'm doing. I hope that's all it is.

We always put a hard start on dry units esp if there is a txv involved. With a house and suction line that hot your are going to have high suction pressure because the txv is probably wide open. You need to charge using subcooling because you have a txv. As stated earlier get it up to around 9-10 or find out what the manufac suggests. The hard start only gives the compressor a "boost" during start up.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome!

Smile

Glad to get all the feed back from this site, I hope one day I can contribute to someone less experienced, such as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Willserve View Post
    We always put a hard start on dry units esp if there is a txv involved. With a house and suction line that hot your are going to have high suction pressure because the txv is probably wide open. You need to charge using subcooling because you have a txv. As stated earlier get it up to around 9-10 or find out what the manufac suggests. The hard start only gives the compressor a "boost" during start up.
    Ok not to sound like a complete idiot but getting the sub-cooling up. You would just have to add more freon correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustykyle View Post
    Ok not to sound like a complete idiot but getting the sub-cooling up. You would just have to add more freon correct.
    I mean it's the only adjustment I could make right.

Wink

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dustykyle View Post
    Yes, when your subcool is low you add more freon. The default is usually 10 unless it's stamped on unit data plate. It used to freak me out when I saw high suction pressure because I was so used to piston coils. A txv remember opens and closes as cooling demand changes. I have seen guys add freon to a perfectly charge system because suction was low (txv was closing). Before charging a system always check to see if it's a piston (charge using superheat) or txv (charge using subcool).
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Willserve View Post
    Yes, when your subcool is low you add more freon. The default is usually 10 unless it's stamped on unit data plate. It used to freak me out when I saw high suction pressure because I was so used to piston coils. A txv remember opens and closes as cooling demand changes. I have seen guys add freon to a perfectly charge system because suction was low (txv was closing). Before charging a system always check to see if it's a piston (charge using superheat) or txv (charge using subcool).
    That's a big 10-4, appreciate your thoughts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast