Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

iPhone

I've been thinking about jumping on the iphone band wagon. Been carying a simple flip phone for years now. Is it worth switching? Is the size of the iphone cumbersome to carry while working?

It's the hot setup!

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I've been thinking about jumping on the iphone band wagon. Been carying a simple flip phone for years now. Is it worth switching? Is the size of the iphone cumbersome to carry while working?
    Yes its worth it. I've been using iphones on the job for over 3 years and they are very helpful for all kinds of good stuff. At first I was hesitant because I thought I would break it, but its held up just fine in my back pocket.

If you can hold out for a bit the new iphone will be out in October/November, at least thats what I'm hoping for.

I would have never bought myself one but my wife gave me one. I'm on it all the time. Use it for work- has several apps for PT charts, Tecumseh technical data, nice 2 way camera for getting numbers off hard to see parts, check available part at supply houses. I could go on and on. Just get one

Has a flashlight too

Quote Originally Posted by PMARS2345 View Post
    I would have never bought myself one but my wife gave me one. I'm on it all the time. Use it for work- has several apps for PT charts, Tecumseh technical data, nice 2 way camera for getting numbers off hard to see parts, check available part at supply houses. I could go on and on. Just get one
    AGREE!

Quote Originally Posted by PMARS2345 View Post
    apps for PT charts, Tecumseh technical data,
    Where did you find the Tecumseh app?

It would be nice if HVAC-Talk would develop an for smartphones for easier access to the forums. HINT-HINT!

Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    Where did you find the Tecumseh app?
    Type in Tecumseh and it will show up, I just downloaded it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I too carry just a simple flip. I'm usually wearing dickies shorts with the extra pocket that fits the flip perfectly. I've had others tell me to "get with it" and get a smart phone. But till this point I've never had a moment where I was like a really wish I had a smart phone. I spend enough time on the internet when I'm home on a big screen. The only thing lately that has got me itching a little is the ability to swipe credit cards with a smart phone. Also I would probably be able to store alot more info on my business contacts with one. And even though I dont like to text more of my customers seem to and it would be easier on a smart phone. But for now I like the size and the price of my flip. So ask yourself, what will you be able to do with a smart phone, that you really want to that you cant do with your flip? And then decide if its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by stay gold jonny View Post
    It would be nice if HVAC-Talk would develop an for smartphones for easier access to the forums. HINT-HINT!
    Tapatalk works fine on H-talk.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Tapatalk works fine on H-talk.
    Agreed.

I love having a pocket sized computer that can also make phone calls! Now only if I had a wireless printer, although now that I think about it, I may be able to print with the iPhone cord.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast