Appion CRT . .

Thread: Appion CRT . .

Appion CRT . .

I've owned a few different types of core removal tools & like the appions best. Also since appion is better for holding/pulling a vac i don't want to use my others but i just can't seem to keep the o rings in good shape. I've tried the vac pump oil with them, nylog which can get messy & other oil. I've owned them for not long at all & seldom use them. What are you guys doing to maintain them? I'm on my 2nd set of CRT's as united ref did a counter exchange on the first for the rings wearing way to prematurely. 3rd set of rings & the latest set seen maybe 10 to 15 uses. Here's the pics of the ones i pulled out tonight. Also I'm only hand tightening them. Appion has repair kits but they only come with one set & all other o rings & Teflon seals i don't even think i need to replace at this point.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images   

looks you ae galling tje gaskets...that is , over tightening and then rotating the CRT to line up your valve ports.

I had to get over that habit too....but it can be very hard.

I've done that in the beginning but not with this set of rings. I loosen it sightly to turn it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2