Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks everyone for all the help I really appreciate it , IM going to make sure the coil/txv is really a match on monday. Id feel better if it was there fault instead of mine..
    If anyone knows my coil is #end4x36t172 Arcoaire
    condenser is #n4a330akc200 Arcoaire
    I relize the coil is a 3 ton and condenser is 2.5 ton but they said it would work when i bought it and the older ones i know it removed humidity better that way

with no superheat means evaporator is flooding.Therefore txv may be stuck open?

Anything that would cause that ? Another guy just told me he knows of 10 others D.O.A on. new install bad txv

Probly what u already posted ;soldering more likely

Quote Originally Posted by hewitt View Post
    with no superheat means evaporator is flooding.Therefore txv may be stuck open?
    That's what I'm thinking also. With temps that low your suction shouldn't be that high. Some time you just get a bad part from the factory. Grab another coil from distributor and change it out.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome!

Is the TEV adjustable??? Just turn it in a little, if it is and see what happens.

Some responses are saying overcharge?Overcharge on a txv would havehigh subcooland low super heat

Quote Originally Posted by Brad gall View Post
    Everything is all new and the same brand.
    I never trust the counter guy either i hope all the equipment is correct
    Ill find out Monday. Im just not sure any other reasons i wouldnt have any superheat at all?
    Also i thought if the bulb gets overheated it would close shut?
    Im not to sure, Ive been in the field a while and havent experienced this problem ?? Thanks alot for your help and any other thoughts would be greatly appreicated thanks
    Overheating it to the point of releasing the charge would close it off.

I doubt you overheated it.

Thanks again for everyones help I will find out today and let everyone know

OT 50F , suction is a way high, remove the sensing buld and warm it up, with ur hand that should start to close the TXV, IF it does not, valve need to be repraced or the head.

Also due the the low OT , the system might be overcharged, some extra refrigerant was added to compensate the low pressure caused by the low temp, double check air flowm 21F split temp, is a little in the high too.

Thanks for the input. Wouldnt i still have superheat regardless if its over or undercharged unless the txv is bad? also the subcooling was normal.
    (non adjustable txv)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad gall View Post
    Thanks for the input. Wouldnt i still have superheat regardless if its over or undercharged unless the txv is bad? also the subcooling was normal.
    (non adjustable txv)
    To test the TXV actally place the sensing buld in a cup with ice then warn it up just to determinate if the valve is responding, if the valve is stuck wide open like you are suspecting, why the liquid pressure is so high? if is full opened and its not overcharged.

I'm assuming the compressor is sweating , if you have a system overcharged or with airflow issues or a combination of both the refrigerant just past threw the Evap and does not have a chance to reach the boiling point to change states.

Installed new txv today, amazing i now have superheat... Thanks everyone for all your help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234