Measuring temps on tubing

Isn't there a simple way to do this? I got a clamp on thing for about $80, converts all kinda crap that I don't need.. and the plastic clamp keeps breaking.

I have a Fieldpiece that can use the K type clamp , which I will get, but still want something easier and faster.

Isn't there such a thing??

I use a clamp with the fluke 116, gives me the temp with no other information.

EPA 608 certified: Universal

I have a very old cooper sh 66. Its about the only thing I would trust. I have the old rectangular plastic sensors and I wire tie the sensor to the tubing and then put a piece of insulation over the that and wire tie that on.

I have a fluke clamp thingy but the only thing I ever used it for was getting a delta tee on the entering and leaving water lines to wshps. I just never trusted it for getting refrigerant line temps.

I saw a factory start up guy using the cooper clamp for start up last week and while he cut the insulation on the suction lines to install the clamp he just clamped it on the liquid line...... I would have insulated around the clamp there also in order to keep the wind or condenser airflow from affecting the reading.

Of course thats just me...... and of course.... you take two people clamping their probes onto the exact spot on the line at exactly the same time and using exactly the same methods and you could still get a 3-4 degree difference......or more.

Its a 10 percent world we live in so just try to do your best.

Faster and easier usually doesnt equal best....... If you care about what you are doing you will take the extra time and put in the extra effort to do it better.

Heck it's only suction and liquid line temps I'm after.

I use the my Copper wirless probe the most. http://www.zorotools.com/g/Thermisto...robe/00053405/