Walk in cooler top of evap freezing up R409a - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    what type of temperature control do you have? you could switch it to a mini etc,like dixell xro2 and then you can program in set defrost times.dont need heaters just a etc that can shut down the unit 4 times a day for 20 to 30 minutes that should solve your problem

The control they have is just a johnson control or honeywell cap tube with a bulb on it just breaks power to the liquid line solenoid. I actually may have a control with an off time on it, I forgot I had it. I will use the one I have or check into an off timer. As old as the box is with this heat and humidity its not a surprise there freezing up some! Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbrewster View Post
    The control they have is just a johnson control or honeywell cap tube with a bulb on it just breaks power to the liquid line solenoid. I actually may have a control with an off time on it, I forgot I had it. I will use the one I have or check into an off timer. As old as the box is with this heat and humidity its not a surprise there freezing up some! Thanks for the advice.
    Make sure that the solenoid valve is closing completely as well. Sometimes old ones leak by and that will cause the icing too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12