Thread: On call

On call

I like how my company surprised me and put me on call for the third week in a row. They must think me and my family have nothing better to do lol.

Im always on call 365 days a year.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

dem bastardos!!! luv how my on call days only seem to be the holidays, that's usually the only time someone will pay the extra to get me there.

This would be 3rd 4th of July week in a row, I called the service and said I'm not supposed to be on call, they said " they said my company called on the 25th to tell them I'm on it again but forgot to tell me. 365 would suck, I'm on hvac, plumbing and electric call so there's always something to do lol.

I'm glad there's 6 of us in rotation. Middle of night calls are the only aspect of the job that I absolutedly hate.

I went all winter, 1 week on 1 week off. Now there's 3 people on rotation. Last week one went to Vegas so I had to cover for him, now the other guy is out of state because his wife left him blah blah blah. I hate being on call too, my kids want to go to the beach, my wife don't want to hear the same old story that we can't go anywhere. So looks like I'm off to the beach lol.

I suppose some of y'all actually live in a busy area. There's only two of us at my shop.

I've been on call for the past few weeks. I have plans next weekend so I'll give the other guy the phone next Friday, then he'll be on call for a couple weeks. I don't sit around staring at the phone, if I got things to do I do them.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

I go on call once every two months, and do one long weekend a year. We have an employee that doesn't celebrate Christmas so he covers that every year. Sound like I've got it pretty good compared to others.

But I still dis-like on-call.

Quote Originally Posted by pas1216 View Post
    I go on call once every two months, and do one long weekend a year. We have an employee that doesn't celebrate Christmas so he covers that every year. Sound like I've got it pretty good compared to others.

But I still dis-like on-call.
    i think we all can agree with dis liking on call as of right now we have 7 techs in our"zone" so its a 7 guy rotation..so it aint to bad

I'm in a small company too, just all the hacks out there don't have 24 hr service so they call us. It sucks but it goes with the job I guess, when I no I'm on it its not so bad, when I get woken up at 8:00 am by a call when I'm not supposed to be that's annoying.