Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Both your sentences negate one another grammatically....so there is no apology to any one.

Was that your intention or are you going to polish your statement to make sense?
    Whatever you think. That seems to be how it works here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustykyle View Post
    When I recover the 410 a should I reuse the same freon or start with virgin stuff?
    Take SH and SC readings and find out if air is the problem first before recovering the charge. It could something completely unrelated to your vacuum.

Filling out your profile, tells us a bit about who we're helping.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

if you get alot of air in there , the head pressure will be high

How do you think you got air inside the unit ?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Take SH and SC readings and find out if air is the problem first before recovering the charge. It could something completely unrelated to your vacuum.

Filling out your profile, tells us a bit about who we're helping.
    Good advise.

beenthere has obviously Been There.

Well I recovered the charge changed the liquid line filter replaced, picked up a new micron gauge, with a new compound gauge set. But that micron gauge didn't even hold under 500 hooked up directly to the pump, it's a jb digital what a pice of crap. Paid over 200 for and I told the supplier if it didn't hold I take in it back. Going to have to check around on monday for an even better one I don't know. I guess I'm ready to drop at least 4 large on one that actually holds.

Are you using the vacuum pumps valve to valve off for your hold test. Those valves often don't hold.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hook your Micron gauge directly to your pump, no hoses, and turn the pump on. If it doesn't pull down then its probably the pump and not the gauge. The coupling on the pump may be cracked or worn. An easy fix.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Are you using the vacuum pumps valve to valve off for your hold test. Those valves often don't hold.
    Yeah but with brand new hoses. I mean what the f. I will hook up micron gauge directly to pump with a brand new 5 inch hoses that has a valve on it. When I get down past 500 and turn valve off to pump its supposed to hold a vac correct.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Why not measure SC and SH and just diagnose the problem????

I doubt the problem is air...
    Sound advice. SH and SC tell what the system is doing. I'd like to add that you should take an airflow measurement, FIRST.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    How does one have air in the system at 600microns vacuum ?

Yeah but with brand new hoses. I mean what the f. I will hook up micron gauge directly to pump with a brand new 5 inch hoses that has a valve on it. When I get down past 500 and turn valve off to pump its supposed to hold a vac correct.
    Brand new hoses may be your problem. They actually have to outgas a little before they will hold properly.

Or, you may have a leak in the system.

Start with SH/SC readings and airflow readings and come on back and we'll try to set you straight.

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    Hook your Micron gauge directly to your pump, no hoses, and turn the pump on. If it doesn't pull down then its probably the pump and not the gauge. The coupling on the pump may be cracked or worn. An easy fix.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    No man its a brand new pump, and it pulls down it just does not hold a vac when the pump is turned off and valved off.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Sound advice. SH and SC tell what the system is doing. I'd like to add that you should take an airflow measurement, FIRST.

Brand new hoses may be your problem. They actually have to outgas a little before they will hold properly.

Or, you may have a leak in the system.

Start with SH/SC readings and airflow readings and come on back and we'll try to set you straight.
    Right on man thanks

I've experienced the same thing on my rig. I think the reason it doesn't hold is because the volume of space being evacuated is so so small. Try pulling a Vac on something larger like a recover tank.

But with the micron gauge hooked directly to the pump it should pull below 100 microns pretty quick. It won't hold but should at least pull down that much.

My pump service guy told me the rule of thumb is 150 mics in 15 seconds on a pump test.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast