Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Are you gauges hoses in good working order??

This guy is lost.

Why not measure SC and SH and just diagnose the problem????

I doubt the problem is air...

If you suspect air in the system why would you reuse the 410a that "may" have air in it? I would use new 410a plus its not that expensive. If there is air in the system then there most likely would be moisture also which will form acid and wash the insulation off the windings in the compressor. I would pull all of the 410 out, replace the dryer and start over, pull a good vacuum once you are sure your gauges, pump and micron gauge are all in proper working order and go from there. Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by truck12 View Post
    This guy is lost.
    Off the map!
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

This guy is lost.
    Over the course of many years in the industry I have met many technicians who could care less about the quality of their work.

This guy seems to care a great deal and for myself I commend him for that.

None of us knows everything and I am reminded of that every once in a while when a problem jumps up and kicks my a$$.

He came here for some help.

I think trying to give him some helpful advice would be far more beneficial for him and our industry.

I would recover the refrigerant and replace the drier, evacate to 500 microns and recharge per weight with new R410A.

Let run and check Subcooling and Superheat.

Then adjust charge if necessary.

How does one have air in the system at 600microns vacuum ? Also why would you use new refrigerant in the system ? Are you going to recharge it with vapor ? How long is your line set ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Over the course of many years in the industry I have met many technicians who could care less about the quality of their work.

This guy seems to care a great deal and for myself I commend him for that.

None of us knows everything and I am reminded of that every once in a while when a problem jumps up and kicks my a$$.

He came here for some help.

I think trying to give him some helpful advice would be far more beneficial for him and our industry.

I would recover the refrigerant and replace the drier, evacate to 500 microns and recharge per weight with new R410A.

Let run and check Subcooling and Superheat.

Then adjust charge if necessary.
    Yea, where do you start? You can tell a person what to do and they may or may not do it and they'll keep asking the same questions.

This helps out industry? my god I sure hope not, there should be enough people to help this guy without the internet. I didn't learn via the internet, this guy shouldn't need it either. I can see if you're just confused about some things, but when you're totally lost.....I guess thats where I draw the line.

This guy really need to be someones helper for a while longer.

You basically just told him infomation that is usually found in the installers guide.

Yea, where do you start? You can tell a person what to do and they may or may not do it and they'll keep asking the same questions.

This helps out industry? my god I sure hope not, there should be enough people to help this guy without the internet. I didn't learn via the internet, this guy shouldn't need it either. I can see if you're just confused about some things, but when you're totally lost.....I guess thats where I draw the line.

You basically just told him infomation that is usually found in the installers guide.
    Busting on new guys or techs asking for help again, huh?

How bout I send you a plane ticket and you run some installs with HVAC5646 as your helper.

We also have a health care plan that provides excellent metal health coverage. Maybe fix those anger and hate issues you have.

Gamimenou trelocomio.

I am on this forum to try to help.

If you are only here to insult others then perhaps the Mods should consider what real value you add to this forum if any and if there is a justifiable reason for you to be on here.

I am also not here to have a pi$$ing match with you. So I have said all I'm going to in regards to your comments.

I found this site after 20 years in the field. There is alot of info available here more than i have found anywhere else. I learn something here every time im on the site. I do not understand why guys feel the need to belittle /insult people for not knowing something. I guess when you blow out everyone elses light yours shines brighter. I hope none of my joking comments insult people. see I have learned something.

All I was saying is that this guy is not likely going to get far by relying on the internet. He seems to be having many problems that would best be handled by real live help.
    If you interpreted it as insulting then thats your problem. If the OP was insulted well I apoligize to you.

All I was saying is that this guy is not likely going to get far by relying on the internet. He seems to be having many problems that would best be handled by real live help.
    If you interpreted it as insulting then thats your problem. If the OP was insulted well I apoligize to you.

Both your sentences negate one another grammatically....so there is no apology to any one.

Was that your intention or are you going to polish your statement to make sense?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast