+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wheres my head pressure???

Post Likes

wheres my head pressure???

Stolen?

Post Likes
    That's set up. Sure maybe the copper bandits hit it but it was re-assembled for the photo.

It's unfortunately still as big of an issue this summer as it was last.

All the extra muscle put into the local and state and federal laws haven't slowed it down a bit

Post Likes
    we were there to install a new one. the customer claimed he went outside and found it just like that. sounds very fishy to me.

Post Likes
    Yes it does. They usually dont wait around to rebuild the unit after cutting it up.

Did he have a home warranty ?

Post Likes
    not sure i wasnt there. thats one way to get rid of an old comfortmaker

Post Likes
    I doubt the homeowner would leave it like that if he was putting in a fake claim. Anyone can see that it would, aside from being funny, attract unwanted questions.

Post Likes
    The thief must have Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
    Too Few Pro Tech's & Too Many Parts Changer's.

Post Likes
    I live in an area where there is not much theft, but I have seen a couple of condensers that have been taken apart and coils ripped out for scrap. And they'll put the system back together. I think the reason is to give them time to get away with it. If the neighbor drives by and sees the system dismantled in the yard, they are going to know something is up. But if they put it back together, the neighbor drives by and says there's that same old box and it gives them a couple more days. I believe they put it back together, I've seen it.

Post Likes
    But I also believe homeowners will do any mean thing to save a dime...hit up the home warranty.

Post Likes
    Too strong of coil cleaner mixture
    Saddle Up!

Post Likes
    The compressor is worth more then the coil

Post Likes
    I don't get it- is sumthin misthing?

Post Likes
    That is those new invisible coils.

Post Likes
    The condenser coil is still there. The Chinese copper is so thin its transparent.
    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Post Likes
    That's the newfangled "never-clean" coil. Saves time and expense as it is self washing and rinsing. Completely an air-over design. Should be available in a wider market real soon. I'll send you guys the brochure!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Baycienda View Post
    But I also believe homeowners will do any mean thing to save a dime...hit up the home warranty.
    Then their plan backfires because the home warranty company ALWAYS sends out a "second opinion" who cant get to you for 2 weeks, makes you pay so much in "non-covered" items, and the coil has to be ordered by the home warranty company because they wont let you just go down the street and pick it up, its got to come from halfway across the USA because they saved 30 cents on it. When the coil does show up, its either damaged or its the wrong one and then its another 2 weeks plus shipping. Then you as the contractor get blasted by the home owner because its taking too long. In the end the homeowner could have just bought a new unit. Seen it happen too many times. SOO glad to be out of the home warranty racket.
    Quoted by "bmathews"

"Just call somebody out. Nobody on here can fix it from over the computer."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in