Can someone please help me!!!

Can someone please help me!!!

I have an old Fedders central ac unit and I can not find out the BTU's on it..If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!! The model number is CKC037A7A

key word fedders nomclenture

Looks like 37000 btu's. 3 ton

Thank you guys!!! That is what I thought to... I just had a new one put in 2 days ago and the man that put it in gave me a 2 ton...And now I have it set at 71 with it being 85 out today... My inside temp is 75 now!!! As soon as the sun came out the inside temp went up!!! Yesterday it ran for 15 hrs non stop!!! Looks like its doing it again!!! I called him today and told him I think this ac unit is too small for my house Mind you its a 1750SF raised Ranch home with a finished basement and he told me that the 2.5 ton will not make a difference!!! I dont know much about hvac!But i think I know that if you use to cool with 37000 btu and you drop it by 13000 btu it is going to work very hard to try to maintain!!!! I think tommorow I am going to demnad for a bigger one or take my business elsewhere!!

2 tons? The load calc made him do it....

I dont know why he put the 2 ton in!! All I know that it is constantly running and tommorow I will be telling him I want a bigger unit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennrhodes View Post
    I have an old Fedders central ac unit and I can not find out the BTU's on it..If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!! The model number is CKC037A7A
    The listing for that model # states

1977 35k btu and in 1978 it is listed as 31k btu