+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Micron Guage

Post Likes

Digital Micron Guage

I just purchased a Supco type and was wondering is this a good purchase

Post Likes
    Well, any micron gauge is better than no micron gauge.

But I would've spent the extra money on the accutools bluvac. It's an amazing piece of equipment. Just my opinion.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    As far as I know the two best gauges available are the yellow jacket and bluevac.

I use the yellow jacket and love it despite the price tag...
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Post Likes
    I've been using the bluvac for the last 2 months. Very accurate compared to some of the other micron gauges. Especially the leak rate indicator. Money well spent.

Post Likes
    bought the blu vac & after using it for a couple of months gave away
    4 others i had been using also take a look at the accu tool scale.
    all top shelf products.

Post Likes
    i like the JB DVN 22....I won't join the Blue Man Crew til my JB gives me a reason to.

Post Likes
    Just picked up the jb super nova, tho if the blue vac was available I would have liked to have that one. I like the leak rate indicator feature.

Post Likes
    I used the bluvac for a bit but got rid of it. It irked me. i then bought a yj 69075 & i like it. Previous to that i used the supco & I'm wondering how inaccurate it's been previous to switching . . . These are hooked to the same system sitting off after 20 min

Removed
    Last edited by Stamas; 07-07-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Post Likes
    My neck hurts from trying to look at your pic.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    It showed rotated when i uploaded it but after it refreshed went sideways again. just turn the monitor or the phone if your on a mobile lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I just ordered the blue vac. Can't wait to use it.
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Post Likes
    I don't trust the Super Nova that we have in the shop. I use a JB DVN 22. I'd rather my micron gauge error high, if it's going to error. Bluevac sounds tempting, but have have to buy most of the tools I need before i start replacing ones that still work.

Dan
    If you don't notice, I'm doing my job.

Post Likes
    I used a supco for the past 9 months but just bought the bluevac with the rapid evac kit and I am loving it.When using the supco after I valved it off the reading would drop instead of rise!!!

Post Likes
    i own a blu vac and like it alot....but the only down side that i have found is the 1/4male fitting instead of putting a female fitting on the gauge...what do u guys use on your micron gauge? a hose or another fitting?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    i like the JB DVN 22....I won't join the Blue Man Crew til my JB gives me a reason to.
    I just picked up a DVN 22. Used it twice very impressed with it, seems it does everything the bluevac lite does.

How does anyone really know how accurate the gauge is ?
    you cant test it like you can a temp clamp
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by philbilly88 View Post
    i own a blu vac and like it alot....but the only down side that i have found is the 1/4male fitting instead of putting a female fitting on the gauge...what do u guys use on your micron gauge? a hose or another fitting?
    short 1/4" copper tube with two flare nuts/flared ends, tightened with a pair of wrenches, one end goes to a yellow jacket ball valve shutoff. I have a Supco VG64, pressure does rise no matter what I do, but if I get a good gauge I'll probably use the same setup

Post Likes
    bought the supco, right out of the package it powered up for about three seconds then nada.took it back the second one would do just like proretro says would drop rather than climb?? ordered the bluevac and things have been smooth sailing ever since. you get what you pay for and bluvac is the best i have found yet.

Post Likes
    I have the worst luck with micron gauges!!!! Perhaps I am not buying the right one, does anyone have a link or a pic of the bluevac? I started off 12 yrs ago with a large suitcase style supco which got stolen, then I went through two cps 100's, and I just purchased the supco vg 64 and after 3 weeks does not seem to be working right. I like the setup in the previous pic!!! Thank you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
    I have the worst luck with micron gauges!!!! Perhaps I am not buying the right one, does anyone have a link or a pic of the bluevac? I started off 12 yrs ago with a large suitcase style supco which got stolen, then I went through two cps 100's, and I just purchased the supco vg 64 and after 3 weeks does not seem to be working right. I like the setup in the previous pic!!! Thank you

http://www.bluvac.com/
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
    https://www.trutechtools.com/search....uvac&search=Go

You have 2 choices. Use hvactalk coupon code for a discount.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in