Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 27
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    20
    i own a blu vac and like it alot....but the only down side that i have found is the 1/4male fitting instead of putting a female fitting on the gauge...what do u guys use on your micron gauge? a hose or another fitting?

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    i like the JB DVN 22....I won't join the Blue Man Crew til my JB gives me a reason to.
    I just picked up a DVN 22. Used it twice very impressed with it, seems it does everything the bluevac lite does.

    How does anyone really know how accurate the gauge is ?
    you cant test it like you can a temp clamp
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.


  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by philbilly88 View Post
    i own a blu vac and like it alot....but the only down side that i have found is the 1/4male fitting instead of putting a female fitting on the gauge...what do u guys use on your micron gauge? a hose or another fitting?
    short 1/4" copper tube with two flare nuts/flared ends, tightened with a pair of wrenches, one end goes to a yellow jacket ball valve shutoff. I have a Supco VG64, pressure does rise no matter what I do, but if I get a good gauge I'll probably use the same setup

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    independence mo
    Posts
    4
    bought the supco, right out of the package it powered up for about three seconds then nada.took it back the second one would do just like proretro says would drop rather than climb?? ordered the bluevac and things have been smooth sailing ever since. you get what you pay for and bluvac is the best i have found yet.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    levittown, pa
    Posts
    63
    I have the worst luck with micron gauges!!!! Perhaps I am not buying the right one, does anyone have a link or a pic of the bluevac? I started off 12 yrs ago with a large suitcase style supco which got stolen, then I went through two cps 100's, and I just purchased the supco vg 64 and after 3 weeks does not seem to be working right. I like the setup in the previous pic!!! Thank you

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
    I have the worst luck with micron gauges!!!! Perhaps I am not buying the right one, does anyone have a link or a pic of the bluevac? I started off 12 yrs ago with a large suitcase style supco which got stolen, then I went through two cps 100's, and I just purchased the supco vg 64 and after 3 weeks does not seem to be working right. I like the setup in the previous pic!!! Thank you


    http://www.bluvac.com/
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    6,914
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
    I have the worst luck with micron gauges!!!! Perhaps I am not buying the right one, does anyone have a link or a pic of the bluevac? I started off 12 yrs ago with a large suitcase style supco which got stolen, then I went through two cps 100's, and I just purchased the supco vg 64 and after 3 weeks does not seem to be working right. I like the setup in the previous pic!!! Thank you
    https://www.trutechtools.com/search....uvac&search=Go

    You have 2 choices. Use hvactalk coupon code for a discount.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    62
    I used to have a supco & it worked good for years. I now have a blue vac & used it once so far & like it.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    I have used the same supco for two years now and just now having problems. Will check into the other brand for my next purchase.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    62
    I will also plug trutechtools.com . Great service & fair prices.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern NV
    Posts
    124
    I discovered via an instrument manufacturer, that the heated thermocouple sensor in the common micron gauges are exceedingly sensitive to contaminants. Oil is a biggie and for those of you who just toss the gauge in a storage bin or tool box and do not cap the gauge, you are likely the ones that have the most incidence of problems. Key is to mount them as close as you can to the system and away from/ uphill from any oil. Valves are good as you can valve off the micron gauge until the bulk of the evacuation is done.

    Comparing a used brand a micron gauge's reading with a new brand b gauge's reading is not useful. Must compare new to new to get any sense of reality.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    I discovered via an instrument manufacturer, that the heated thermocouple sensor in the common micron gauges are exceedingly sensitive to contaminants. Oil is a biggie and for those of you who just toss the gauge in a storage bin or tool box and do not cap the gauge, you are likely the ones that have the most incidence of problems. Key is to mount them as close as you can to the system and away from/ uphill from any oil. Valves are good as you can valve off the micron gauge until the bulk of the evacuation is done.

    Comparing a used brand a micron gauge's reading with a new brand b gauge's reading is not useful. Must compare new to new to get any sense of reality.
    You are correct, Juan. Which is one of the reasons the BluVac is special: you can recalibrate it to factory specifications yourself simply by placing it in the freezer.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    levittown, pa
    Posts
    63
    Wow, thanks guys a bunch of my tools are coming up for replacement soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event